help with fork install on Chris King headset

Alex

Guest
Hi,

I've got a CK headset already pressed in to my frame and now I'm just
installing the fork. I have a question about the infamous o-ring.
Does it need to fit around the lip of the bearing cap or simply sit
flush against it? I've tried to 'seat' the o-ring in the bearing cap,
but it's a very tight fit and I'm afraid I'll tear it. Plus, I'm not
even sure it needs to be seated that way. If I simply slide the
o-ring and the then the bearing cap over the fork steerer, I'm having
a hard time getting the bearing cap pressed down far enough.
Obviously, the o-ring is making that fit tight. As is, there's about
a 1-2 mm (noticeable) gap between the bearing cap and the top bearing
cup. Too much :p.

How can I press this bearing cap down more to get a nice fit?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

Please disregard my previous question. I figured it out and I was
making a mistake. I was confusing the o-ring with the little seal
that goes between the top cap and the last spacer.

All better now.

--Alex