Help with Mavic Comete +/- Disk Wheel

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Mike Callahan, Feb 6, 2003.

  1. I have an early 90s Mavic Carbon Disk that is spaced at 126 that I would like to get spaced to 130.
    Is there a kit out there to do this conversion? Special tools? Thanks for any help, Mike

    Tags:

  2. Mike Callahan wrote:

    > I have an early 90s Mavic Carbon Disk that is spaced at 126 that I would like to get spaced to
    > 130. Is there a kit out there to do this conversion? Special tools? Thanks for any help, Mike

    Cut a new circlipgroove 2mm outwards on the axle, and reinstall with a additional 2mm washer. The
    shorter axle-ends will be short but still be long enough.

    Special tool will be a lathe

    /Marten

  3. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    "Mike Callahan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I have an early 90s Mavic Carbon Disk that is spaced at 126 that I would like to get spaced to
    > 130. Is there a kit out there to do this conversion? Special tools? Thanks for any help, Mike

    I'm not 100% certain, but the axles from the Mavic mountain bike hubs (530 model?) of the same era
    might fit. They'd be 130mm OLD and 7-speed. If you want to take the chance, your local shop might be
    able to get the axle from Euro-Asia.

    Jeff