Help with Mavic Comete +/- Disk Wheel

Mike Callahan

Guest
I have an early 90s Mavic Carbon Disk that is spaced at 126 that I would like to get spaced to 130.
Is there a kit out there to do this conversion? Special tools? Thanks for any help, Mike

Mike Callahan wrote:

> I have an early 90s Mavic Carbon Disk that is spaced at 126 that I would like to get spaced to
> 130. Is there a kit out there to do this conversion? Special tools? Thanks for any help, Mike

Cut a new circlipgroove 2mm outwards on the axle, and reinstall with a additional 2mm washer. The
shorter axle-ends will be short but still be long enough.

Special tool will be a lathe

/Marten

"Mike Callahan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I have an early 90s Mavic Carbon Disk that is spaced at 126 that I would like to get spaced to
> 130. Is there a kit out there to do this conversion? Special tools? Thanks for any help, Mike

I'm not 100% certain, but the axles from the Mavic mountain bike hubs (530 model?) of the same era
might fit. They'd be 130mm OLD and 7-speed. If you want to take the chance, your local shop might be
able to get the axle from Euro-Asia.

Jeff