Help with my Sport Mindset dissertation research

tonypickering

Guest
As part of my graduate school dissertation research project I am
conducting a study about Sport Mindsets. I am seeking athletes who
might be willing to assist my research by completing a brief (10-15
minutes) online survey located at http://sportmindset.com .
Participation is anonymous and you are free to withdraw at any time.

Sincerely,

Tony Pickering
University of Idaho

PS - If you choose to participate in the study please enter the number
903 when your group PIN is requested at the beginning of the survey.

In article <[email protected]>,
tonypickering <[email protected]> wrote:
>As part of my graduate school dissertation research project I am
>conducting a study about Sport Mindsets. I am seeking athletes who
>might be willing to assist my research by completing a brief (10-15
>minutes) online survey located at http://sportmindset.com .
>Participation is anonymous and you are free to withdraw at any time.
>
>Thank you for your time and consideration.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Tony Pickering
>University of Idaho

Dear Tony:

All bike racers are mental.
http://www.nyvelocity.com/content.php?id=182

Hope this helps with your thesis,

--
Ryan Cousineau, [email protected], www.wiredcola.com
Democracy, whiskey, and sexy!

tonypickering wrote:

> As part of my graduate school dissertation research project I am
> conducting a study about Sport Mindsets.

rbr is a good place to study mindsets. Why don't you forget about sport
mindsets and rather research rbr mindsets.

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 22:44:41 +0200, Donald Munro
<[email protected]> wrote:

>tonypickering wrote:
>
>> As part of my graduate school dissertation research project I am
>> conducting a study about Sport Mindsets.

>rbr is a good place to study mindsets. Why don't you forget about sport
>mindsets and rather research rbr mindsets.

RBR mindsets would only be appropriate for a dissertaion in Abnormal
Psychology.

Perhaps it could explore a new mental disorder called LAOCD (Lance
Armstrong Obsessive/Compulsive Disorder).

On 12 Jul 2006 23:29:29 -0700, "tonypickering" <[email protected]> wrote:

>As part of my graduate school dissertation research project I am
>conducting a study about Sport Mindsets. I am seeking athletes who
>might be willing to assist my research by completing a brief (10-15
>minutes) online survey located at http://sportmindset.com .

Dumbass -

We don't have mindsets. Some of us use an iPod with the earbuds.

>Participation is anonymous and you are free to withdraw at any time.

As if you can't tell where the dumbasses are from.

>Thank you for your time and consideration.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Tony Pickering
>University of Idaho

>PS - If you choose to participate in the study please enter the number
>903 when your group PIN is requested at the beginning of the survey.

That way you won't have to read the first answer to know which pile of nutjobs,
whackoes and snot-bubblers the response came from.

Ron

In article
<[email protected]>,
Bruce wrote:

> As part of my graduate school dissertation research project I am
> conducting a study about Sport Mindsets. I am seeking athletes who
> might be willing to assist my research by completing a brief (10-15
> minutes) online survey located at http://areyouasport.com .
> Participation is anonymous and you are free to withdraw at any time.
>
> Thank you for your time and consideration.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Bruce
> Philosophy Department, University of Woolamaloo
>
> PS - If you choose to participate in the study please enter the number
> 903 when your group PIN is requested at the beginning of the survey.

What is your thesis? I will be able to help you more if I
know how to answer.

As a child I had a frightening encounter with 903. Is it
OK if I use PIN 666?

--
Michael Press

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 06:22:44 GMT, Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:

>In article
><[email protected]>,
> Bruce wrote:
>
>> As part of my graduate school dissertation research project I am
>> conducting a study about Sport Mindsets. I am seeking athletes who
>> might be willing to assist my research by completing a brief (10-15
>> minutes) online survey located at http://areyouasport.com .
>> Participation is anonymous and you are free to withdraw at any time.
>>
>> Thank you for your time and consideration.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Bruce
>> Philosophy Department, University of Woolamaloo
>>
>> PS - If you choose to participate in the study please enter the number
>> 903 when your group PIN is requested at the beginning of the survey.

>What is your thesis? I will be able to help you more if I
>know how to answer.

Hey, if it's a "group" number then how can it be a "PIN?"

I want my own PIN

Ron

On 18 Jul 2006 21:50:46 -0700, "tonypickering" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Absolutely. You are 100% correct. Self-selection will be in full force!
>However, like most lines of research, there are several types of
>studies that need to be done, depending on the purpose. A major
>emphasis of this research regards validating scales that have been used
>in paper-pencil research, with Internet sample. As well, although it is
>difficult to specifically define a sampling frame when using this type
>of participant recruitment, therefore limiting the strong inferences to
>a general population (external validity), there are some benefits as
>well. Groups like often have a more diverse group of participants than
>choosing a particular sport team or club (or psych 101 class ;-)).
>Finally, any and all research done through a federally funded
>institution is Required to use true volunteers to meet human assurances
>requirements. Therefore, it is literally impossible to absolutely
>eliminate self-selection. Of course, there are ways to minimize it when
>necessary. But for this study, the self-selection does not compromise
>the validity of the study purposes. Follow up studies will use
>different participant recruitment approaches. This study is important
>to my line of research, but it is only one of many such studies, that
>together, will help provide insights into sport mindsets.
>
>Thank you for your insightful comments!
>
>Also, thank you to anyone who has completed the survey. It will remain
>open for a few more days, and can be found at
>http://www.sportmindset.com
>
>Tony Pickering
>University of Idaho

Oh, quit with the psychobabble. Did I get the highest score or am I just another
looser like these dumbasses.

Ron