Help with my Sport Mindset dissertation research

tonypickering

Guest
As part of my graduate school dissertation research project I am
conducting a study about Sport Mindsets. I am seeking athletes who
might be willing to assist my research by completing a brief (10-15
minutes) online survey located at http://sportmindset.com .
Participation is anonymous and you are free to withdraw at any time.

Sincerely,

Tony Pickering
University of Idaho

PS - If you choose to participate in the study please enter the number
903 when your group PIN is requested at the beginning of the survey.

tonypickering wrote:
> As part of my graduate school dissertation research project I am
> conducting a study about Sport Mindsets. I am seeking athletes who
> might be willing to assist my research by completing a brief (10-15
> minutes) online survey located at http://sportmindset.com .
> Participation is anonymous and you are free to withdraw at any time.
>
> Thank you for your time and consideration.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Tony Pickering
> University of Idaho
>
> PS - If you choose to participate in the study please enter the number
> 903 when your group PIN is requested at the beginning of the survey.

I did it but given the amount of questions related to team sports, a
group of triathletes responses might be of limited use.

DaveB

Thanks to all who completed the Sportmindset survey. Yes, many
questions are very simlilar. That is necessary when creating and
validating a new scale. And yes, there are questions that are aimed
more at team sports. But I honestly am hoping for (and have received)
worked up to 1/2 ironman distance so far, but am planning on Arizona in
spring '07. and have a triathlon specific study coming up this fall
that will be a followup of this one.

For those who are interested, I am happy to send a copy of the summary
report that will result from the Sportmindset Study. You do not have to
complete the survey to receive the report. Just visit
http://sportmindset.com and provide an email (at bottom of the screen).
If you do complete the survey you will be given the option to receive
a personal report at the end of the survey.

Again, thank you again to everyone who has responded or taken an
interest in the Sportmindset Survey. Even if you think it is "gobbly
gook" ;-). The survey will remain open for a few more days. If
anyone is curious I'd love to have a few more triathletes complete the
survey.

Tony Pickering
University of Idaho