help with performance

shming123

May 1, 2004
Ok, now I know I'm wishing for a long-shot here, but I'm open to suggestions..... I'm 22 years old, and was at least a pretty established Cat 2 road racer. After an accident in September, I basically haven't ridden much, maybe a few times since then, but I like lost my drive for cycling. Well, my performance is WAY down, and my motivation is returning, and the first race is only 4 weeks away. Is there any way to really quickly improve my performace closer to my previous level or recover quicker so I can at least stay in the race? Thanks.

There are always ways to speed recovery but you sound like you need to fall back in love with ridding or maybe find out why you feel like you do. Once your head is in the game at your age the legs will follow

shming123 said:
Ok, now I know I'm wishing for a long-shot here, but I'm open to suggestions..... I'm 22 years old, and was at least a pretty established Cat 2 road racer. After an accident in September, I basically haven't ridden much, maybe a few times since then, but I like lost my drive for cycling. Well, my performance is WAY down, and my motivation is returning, and the first race is only 4 weeks away. Is there any way to really quickly improve my performace closer to my previous level or recover quicker so I can at least stay in the race? Thanks.

shming123 said:
Make sure your eating right, hop on that saddle, and spin those peddles. Your going to feel out of shape for a couple of weeks, but you'll get back into the the rythem. Muscle memory is pretty nice. Go back to your training program (JRA, Sprints, Group Rides, etc).

Good Luck.