Help with Polar battery replacement

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Del Eaton, Nov 23, 2003.

  1. Del Eaton

    Del Eaton Guest

    I have a polar Pacer heart rate monitor. Can anyone tell me the proper way to replace the battery? I
    would appreciate your help.

    Del

    Tags:

  2. Rivermist

    Rivermist Guest

    You have to send it to them for replacement.

    "Del Eaton" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BBE6541A.20941%[email protected]...
    > I have a polar Pacer heart rate monitor. Can anyone tell me the proper
    way
    > to replace the battery? I would appreciate your help.
    >
    > Del

  3. John Hardt

    John Hardt Guest

  4. Asweepay

    Asweepay Guest

    On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 20:10:02 GMT, Del Eaton <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I have a polar Pacer heart rate monitor. Can anyone tell me the proper way to replace the battery?
    >I would appreciate your help.
    >
    >Del

    If it's a newer one, then I would also recommend that you send it to polar. If not you will void
    the warranty.

    If it's an older one, and you don't care about voiding the warranty then for the watch part, you can
    just unscrew the back, remove the battery and take it down to the local radio shack where they will
    sell you a new one. Just like replacing a watch battery (at least on mine it was). If you can't
    change a watch battery, then there is no hope for you (not as a person just as a polar technician).

    For the chest strap, follow the instructions here

    www.tinyurl.com/wkdb

    I have followed these instructions and successfully replaced the battery on my polar chest strap.
    When finished I put a little duct tape over the hole that was created and have had no problems with
    regular use in rain and shine. I wouldn't take it in the water for obvious reasons though.

    Overall after a few years off from serious training, I got my HRM running again for about $8 USD. I
    will soon use the money I saved to purchase a Timex bodylink system.

  5. M Prentice

    M Prentice Guest

    Del Eaton <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BBE6541A.20941%[email protected]>...
    > I have a polar Pacer heart rate monitor. Can anyone tell me the proper way to replace the battery?
    > I would appreciate your help.
    >
    > Del

    I actually just got mine replaced a couple days ago at a local jewelry store. Though mine is a
    Sports Intruments and not a Polar, I'm sure both are common. I was going to send it back as the
    owner manual recommended, but after emailing the company I figured I would be out my monitor for a
    good two weeks with shipping. Jewelry store took 30 minutes. So far so good. Got both (monitor &
    cheststrap) replaced for $10 bucks. Works like a charm!

  6. J Beckley

    J Beckley Guest

    trust me, take it back to the manufacturer or the distributor! needs to be pressure tested.

    --
    Jay Beckley EveryBodies Health and Fitness Hokonui Multisport Academy 25 Mersey Street Gore New
    Zealand Phone (03) 208 6165 Fax (03) 208 6165 Home (03) 208 1727 www.multisportzone.com

    E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This Email may be strictly confidential. The information in this email
    is only intended for the person that it is addressed to only. If you are not the intended recipient
    of this message, you may not disclose, print, copy or disseminate this information. If you have
    received this in error, please reply and notify the sender (only) and delete the message.

    "Asweepay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 20:10:02 GMT, Del Eaton <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I have a polar Pacer heart rate monitor. Can anyone tell me the proper
    way
    > >to replace the battery? I would appreciate your help.
    > >
    > >Del
    >
    > If it's a newer one, then I would also recommend that you send it to polar. If not you will void
    > the warranty.
    >
    > If it's an older one, and you don't care about voiding the warranty then for the watch part, you
    > can just unscrew the back, remove the battery and take it down to the local radio shack where they
    > will sell you a new one. Just like replacing a watch battery (at least on mine it was). If you
    > can't change a watch battery, then there is no hope for you (not as a person just as a polar
    > technician).
    >
    > For the chest strap, follow the instructions here
    >
    > www.tinyurl.com/wkdb
    >
    > I have followed these instructions and successfully replaced the battery on my polar chest strap.
    > When finished I put a little duct tape over the hole that was created and have had no problems
    > with regular use in rain and shine. I wouldn't take it in the water for obvious reasons though.
    >
    > Overall after a few years off from serious training, I got my HRM running again for about $8 USD.
    > I will soon use the money I saved to purchase a Timex bodylink system.

  7. Del Eaton

    Del Eaton Guest

    Thank you for your help. However, after replacing the battery, all of the characters on the screen
    turn on. I have tried to find a reset or all clear but none is obvious. Do you have any suggestions?