Help with Polar battery replacement

Del Eaton

Guest
I have a polar Pacer heart rate monitor. Can anyone tell me the proper way to replace the battery? I
would appreciate your help.

Del

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 20:10:02 GMT, Del Eaton <[email protected]> wrote:

>I have a polar Pacer heart rate monitor. Can anyone tell me the proper way to replace the battery?
>I would appreciate your help.
>
>Del

If it's a newer one, then I would also recommend that you send it to polar. If not you will void
the warranty.

If it's an older one, and you don't care about voiding the warranty then for the watch part, you can
just unscrew the back, remove the battery and take it down to the local radio shack where they will
sell you a new one. Just like replacing a watch battery (at least on mine it was). If you can't
change a watch battery, then there is no hope for you (not as a person just as a polar technician).

For the chest strap, follow the instructions here

www.tinyurl.com/wkdb

I have followed these instructions and successfully replaced the battery on my polar chest strap.
When finished I put a little duct tape over the hole that was created and have had no problems with
regular use in rain and shine. I wouldn't take it in the water for obvious reasons though.

Overall after a few years off from serious training, I got my HRM running again for about $8 USD. I
will soon use the money I saved to purchase a Timex bodylink system.

Del Eaton <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BBE6541A.20941%[email protected]>...
> I have a polar Pacer heart rate monitor. Can anyone tell me the proper way to replace the battery?
> I would appreciate your help.
>
> Del

I actually just got mine replaced a couple days ago at a local jewelry store. Though mine is a
Sports Intruments and not a Polar, I'm sure both are common. I was going to send it back as the
owner manual recommended, but after emailing the company I figured I would be out my monitor for a
good two weeks with shipping. Jewelry store took 30 minutes. So far so good. Got both (monitor &
cheststrap) replaced for $10 bucks. Works like a charm!

trust me, take it back to the manufacturer or the distributor! needs to be pressure tested.

--
Jay Beckley EveryBodies Health and Fitness Hokonui Multisport Academy 25 Mersey Street Gore New
Zealand Phone (03) 208 6165 Fax (03) 208 6165 Home (03) 208 1727 www.multisportzone.com

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This Email may be strictly confidential. The information in this email
is only intended for the person that it is addressed to only. If you are not the intended recipient
of this message, you may not disclose, print, copy or disseminate this information. If you have
received this in error, please reply and notify the sender (only) and delete the message.

"Asweepay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 20:10:02 GMT, Del Eaton <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I have a polar Pacer heart rate monitor. Can anyone tell me the proper
way
> >to replace the battery? I would appreciate your help.
> >
> >Del
>
> If it's a newer one, then I would also recommend that you send it to polar. If not you will void
> the warranty.
>
> If it's an older one, and you don't care about voiding the warranty then for the watch part, you
> can just unscrew the back, remove the battery and take it down to the local radio shack where they
> will sell you a new one. Just like replacing a watch battery (at least on mine it was). If you
> can't change a watch battery, then there is no hope for you (not as a person just as a polar
> technician).
>
> For the chest strap, follow the instructions here
>
> www.tinyurl.com/wkdb
>
> I have followed these instructions and successfully replaced the battery on my polar chest strap.
> When finished I put a little duct tape over the hole that was created and have had no problems
> with regular use in rain and shine. I wouldn't take it in the water for obvious reasons though.
>
> Overall after a few years off from serious training, I got my HRM running again for about $8 USD.
> I will soon use the money I saved to purchase a Timex bodylink system.

Thank you for your help. However, after replacing the battery, all of the characters on the screen
turn on. I have tried to find a reset or all clear but none is obvious. Do you have any suggestions?