Help with Sora left shifter

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Curtis, Feb 1, 2003.

  1. Curtis

    Curtis Guest

    Help,

    I've just installed a new set of Sora shift/brake levers and the left A lever doesn't seem to click.
    That is, when I shift from the smaller chainring to the larger, the derailleur won't stay up....

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks,

    Roger Curtis

    Tags:

  2. curtis-<< I've just installed a new set of Sora shift/brake levers and the left A lever doesn't
    seem to click. That is, when I shift from the smaller chainring to the larger, the derailleur
    won't stay up..

    'may' be an installation error(did you put the end of the cable in the little recessed cup? The
    shifter was 'shifted' onto the small ring position before you installed the cable?)

    Or perhaps a flush of WD-40...if nada-return for warranty.

  3. Kbh

    Kbh Guest

    it may be hitting the top position limit on the front der. before teh shifter hits its 'click'
    position. Unattach the cable from the der. and see if it clicks then.

    Kyle

    > curtis-<< I've just installed a new set of Sora shift/brake levers and the
    left
    > A lever doesn't seem to click. That is, when I shift from the smaller chainring to the larger, the
    > derailleur won't stay up..
    >
    > 'may' be an installation error(did you put the end of the cable in the
    little
    > recessed cup? The shifter was 'shifted' onto the small ring position
    before you
    > installed the cable?)
    >
    > Or perhaps a flush of WD-40...if nada-return for warranty.

  4. > it may be hitting the top position limit on the front der. before teh shifter hits its 'click'
    > position. Unattach the cable from the der. and
    see
    > if it clicks then.

    Or simply back out the top-position limit screw. If that does the trick, then the cable is simply
    too tight and needs to be let out a small amount.