Help with Sora left shifter

Curtis

Guest
Help,

I've just installed a new set of Sora shift/brake levers and the left A lever doesn't seem to click.
That is, when I shift from the smaller chainring to the larger, the derailleur won't stay up....

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Roger Curtis

curtis-<< I've just installed a new set of Sora shift/brake levers and the left A lever doesn't
seem to click. That is, when I shift from the smaller chainring to the larger, the derailleur
won't stay up..

'may' be an installation error(did you put the end of the cable in the little recessed cup? The
shifter was 'shifted' onto the small ring position before you installed the cable?)

Or perhaps a flush of WD-40...if nada-return for warranty.

it may be hitting the top position limit on the front der. before teh shifter hits its 'click'
position. Unattach the cable from the der. and see if it clicks then.

Kyle

> curtis-<< I've just installed a new set of Sora shift/brake levers and the
left
> A lever doesn't seem to click. That is, when I shift from the smaller chainring to the larger, the
> derailleur won't stay up..
>
> 'may' be an installation error(did you put the end of the cable in the
little
> recessed cup? The shifter was 'shifted' onto the small ring position
before you
> installed the cable?)
>
> Or perhaps a flush of WD-40...if nada-return for warranty.

> it may be hitting the top position limit on the front der. before teh shifter hits its 'click'
> position. Unattach the cable from the der. and
see
> if it clicks then.

Or simply back out the top-position limit screw. If that does the trick, then the cable is simply
too tight and needs to be let out a small amount.