Help with terminology

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by Magicpunch, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Magicpunch

Magicpunch New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm starting a bout of physio on my knees which have been TOTALLY inactive for 14 months. It took the NHS that long to get me to see a consultant and now we're awaiting a scan to see if there is cartilage damage and potential arthritis worries.

However, physio has recommended cycling and I've managed four sessions so far, cycling on a stationary gym machine for no longer than 10 minutes.

Obviously, very tough and tricky to get my legs working after all this time (I'm only 24) but I had a slightly unrelated question:

When people on this site discuss intervals, I don't understand the L1/2/3 etc. reference. Could anyone kindly point me in the right direction? I've searched the net but with no luck.

Many thanks!

Tags:

2. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

Without getting into great detail these are levels of training based on time duration and intensity for a given training program and are designed to achieve a level approaching, at or above your aerobic threshold.

I'll bet someone on here has a chart they could post.

3. Magicpunch

Magicpunch New Member

Thanks for the help J. Yes, a chart or some more specifics would be extremely helpful as it'd allow me to translate a lot of the discussion that goes on around here.

I'm packing in running for when the knee recovers and hope to take up some cycling.

Cheers!

4. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

5. Magicpunch

Magicpunch New Member

Brilliant! That has answered all of my questions ...

... for now!

Cheers JHuskey

6. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

Cool, good luck with the cycling. I gave up running years ago and never looked back.