Help, y'all.

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Luvdavols, Mar 11, 2004.

  1. Luvdavols

    Luvdavols Guest

    I started counting points on Jan. 5th. I have been walking
    (sometimes light jogging) faithfully for 30 minutes on the
    treadmill, except on Sundays. I STILL haven't lost 10
    pounds!! In fact I'm up a pound this week!! Sigh. I feel a
    lot better and I know the exercise and eating right isn't
    hurting me, but when will the pounds come off? I am trying
    to remain upbeat and positive, but it is hard when I need to
    lose 100 pounds and can't even manage the first ten!

    Tags:

  2. Luvdavols

    Luvdavols Guest

    By the way, this is Nell (WannaBLean) on another computer.
    "LuvDaVols" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I started counting points on Jan. 5th. I have been walking
    > (sometimes
    light
    > jogging) faithfully for 30 minutes on the treadmill,
    > except on Sundays. I STILL haven't lost 10 pounds!! In
    > fact I'm up a pound this week!! Sigh. I feel a lot better
    > and I know the exercise and eating right isn't hurting
    me,
    > but when will the pounds come off? I am trying to remain
    > upbeat and positive, but it is hard when I need to lose
    > 100 pounds and can't even manage the first ten!

  3. Amberle3

    Amberle3 Guest

    I didn't lose anything for the first 4 weeks. It took almost
    4 months to lose 10 pounds. But in that time I lost a total
    of 10 inches. Have you tried checking/tracking your
    measurements as well? Sometimes it can take a while for your
    system to realize what it's supposed to do, I suspect this
    is especially true if you have a history of yo-yo dieting
    (just my theory).

    Amberle3

    --
    Amberle3
    249/215/205-minigoal/150?

    - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm
    - Spring Into Action Exercise Challenge:
    http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/sia.htm

  4. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Like Amberle, have you checked inches? How do clothes feel
    if you have not actually measured. Sometimes folks lose in
    their dimensions and it does not show on the scale. In
    addition, you did not mention how much you have lost? Are
    you measuring/weighing the food to make sure you are
    accurately counting those points.

    I know my breakfast cereal has started growing in size - and
    some cereals are less than 1 cup for a serving - they can
    fool you that way. So check labels again.

    The program does work so just give it time

    Fred
    219.2/158.6/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29,
    2002

    On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:04:55 -0600, "LuvDaVols"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I started counting points on Jan. 5th. I have been walking
    >(sometimes light jogging) faithfully for 30 minutes on the
    >treadmill, except on Sundays. I STILL haven't lost 10
    >pounds!! In fact I'm up a pound this week!! Sigh. I feel a
    >lot better and I know the exercise and eating right isn't
    >hurting me, but when will the pounds come off? I am trying
    >to remain upbeat and positive, but it is hard when I need
    >to lose 100 pounds and can't even manage the first ten!

  5. You did not mention anything about drinking water at
    all. Are you drinking at least 6-8 ounce glasses of
    water each day?

    Also, try something small for breakfast, even a slice of
    toast or a piece of fruit is better than nothing.

    Debbie

    "LuvDaVols" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I started counting points on Jan. 5th. I have been walking
    > (sometimes
    light
    > jogging) faithfully for 30 minutes on the treadmill,
    > except on Sundays. I STILL haven't lost 10 pounds!! In
    > fact I'm up a pound this week!! Sigh. I feel a lot better
    > and I know the exercise and eating right isn't hurting
    me,
    > but when will the pounds come off? I am trying to remain
    > upbeat and positive, but it is hard when I need to lose
    > 100 pounds and can't even manage the first ten!

  6. Julieb

    Julieb Guest

    Just to put it into perspective, my average loss per week was 0.7lbs, so
    your 8lbs in 10 weeks is really not all that bad! Don't fall into the trap
    of wanting it all off *instantly*. Weight loss the right way (and this is
    the right way) takes time and patience. Stick with it for *life* and you
    will see results. Promise :)

    --
    Julie.
    93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

    Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome
    notice: http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    "LuvDaVols" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I started counting points on Jan. 5th. I have been walking
    > (sometimes
    light
    > jogging) faithfully for 30 minutes on the treadmill,
    > except on Sundays. I STILL haven't lost 10 pounds!! In
    > fact I'm up a pound this week!! Sigh. I feel a lot better
    > and I know the exercise and eating right isn't hurting
    me,
    > but when will the pounds come off? I am trying to remain
    > upbeat and positive, but it is hard when I need to lose
    > 100 pounds and can't even manage the first ten!

  7. just hang in there, it can take a long time to get your body ready to lose,
    and the more fad diets/bad nutrition the harder it is to get started... Lee
    LuvDaVols <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I started counting points on Jan. 5th. I have been walking
    > (sometimes
    light
    > jogging) faithfully for 30 minutes on the treadmill,
    > except on Sundays. I STILL haven't lost 10 pounds!! In
    > fact I'm up a pound this week!! Sigh. I feel a lot better
    > and I know the exercise and eating right isn't hurting
    me,
    > but when will the pounds come off? I am trying to remain
    > upbeat and positive, but it is hard when I need to lose
    > 100 pounds and can't even manage the first ten!

  8. Luvdavols

    Luvdavols Guest

    I know my clothes are looser, but, no, I haven't checked inches. I knew my
    measurements would only depress me and I am trying VERY hard to break
    patterns of negativity that have caused me to fail in the past. As far as
    weighing/measuring my food, my meals are packaged until dinner (Smart Ones,
    instant oatmeal, etc.) Do I need to weigh my lettuce and other raw
    vegetables? I may be getting too many points there. I am still determined to
    succeed and I appreciate your concern and taking time to try to help me. I
    just wish the scale would move. I guess all those years of yo-yo dieting are
    coming back to haunt me, as Amberle3 said.
    > Like Amberle, have you checked inches? How do clothes feel
    > if you have not actually measured. Sometimes folks lose in
    > their dimensions and it does not show on the scale. In
    > addition, you did not mention how much you have lost? Are
    > you measuring/weighing the food to make sure you are
    > accurately counting those points.
    >
    > I know my breakfast cereal has started growing in size -
    > and some cereals are less than 1 cup for a serving - they
    > can fool you that way. So check labels again.
    >
    > The program does work so just give it time
    >
    > Fred
    > 219.2/158.6/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29,
    > 2002
    >
    > On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:04:55 -0600, "LuvDaVols"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I started counting points on Jan. 5th. I have been
    > >walking (sometimes
    light
    > >jogging) faithfully for 30 minutes on the treadmill,
    > >except on Sundays. I STILL haven't lost 10 pounds!! In
    > >fact I'm up a pound this week!! Sigh. I feel a lot better
    > >and I know the exercise and eating right isn't hurting
    me,
    > >but when will the pounds come off? I am trying to remain
    > >upbeat and positive, but it is hard when I need to lose
    > >100 pounds and can't even manage the first ten!

  9. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Nell,

    Tell us more!! How many points a day are you consuming? Are
    you eating all your flex? I'm worried that you are not
    eating enough!!

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/197/155 RAFL 210.5/197/198.5 50 lbs off
    241.5/197/191.5

    LuvDaVols wrote:
    > By the way, this is Nell (WannaBLean) on another computer.
    > "LuvDaVols" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>I started counting points on Jan. 5th. I have been walking
    >>(sometimes
    >
    > light
    >
    >>jogging) faithfully for 30 minutes on the treadmill,
    >>except on Sundays. I STILL haven't lost 10 pounds!! In
    >>fact I'm up a pound this week!! Sigh. I feel a lot better
    >>and I know the exercise and eating right isn't hurting
    >
    > me,
    >
    >>but when will the pounds come off? I am trying to remain
    >>upbeat and positive, but it is hard when I need to lose
    >>100 pounds and can't even manage the first ten!

  10. I am waiting for a multiple personality comment from Fred, Lee
    LuvDaVols <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > By the way, this is Nell (WannaBLean) on another computer.
    > "LuvDaVols" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I started counting points on Jan. 5th. I have been
    > > walking (sometimes
    > light
    > > jogging) faithfully for 30 minutes on the treadmill,
    > > except on Sundays.
    > > STILL haven't lost 10 pounds!! In fact I'm up a pound
    > > this week!! Sigh.
    > > feel a lot better and I know the exercise and eating
    > > right isn't hurting
    > me,
    > > but when will the pounds come off? I am trying to remain
    > > upbeat and positive, but it is hard when I need to lose
    > > 100 pounds and can't even manage the first ten!

  11. Fred

    Fred Guest

    No real need to weigh most vegetables (potatoes are NOT
    veggies) as it really takes a lot to add up to points. And
    some of us maintain that most folks did not gain weight from
    eating veggies anyway.

    Some might suggest you shake things up by varying those
    other meals, too.

    On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 21:18:16 -0600, "LuvDaVols"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I know my clothes are looser, but, no, I haven't checked
    >inches. I knew my measurements would only depress me and I
    >am trying VERY hard to break patterns of negativity that
    >have caused me to fail in the past. As far as
    >weighing/measuring my food, my meals are packaged until
    >dinner (Smart Ones, instant oatmeal, etc.) Do I need to
    >weigh my lettuce and other raw vegetables? I may be getting
    >too many points there. I am still determined to succeed and
    >I appreciate your concern and taking time to try to help
    >me. I just wish the scale would move. I guess all those
    >years of yo-yo dieting are coming back to haunt me, as
    >Amberle3 said. "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in
    >message news:[email protected]...
    >> Like Amberle, have you checked inches? How do clothes
    >> feel if you have not actually measured. Sometimes folks
    >> lose in their dimensions and it does not show on the
    >> scale. In addition, you did not mention how much you have
    >> lost? Are you measuring/weighing the food to make sure
    >> you are accurately counting those points.
    >>
    >> I know my breakfast cereal has started growing in size -
    >> and some cereals are less than 1 cup for a serving - they
    >> can fool you that way. So check labels again.
    >>
    >> The program does work so just give it time
    >>
    >> Fred
    >> 219.2/158.6/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29,
    >> 2002
    >>
    >> On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:04:55 -0600, "LuvDaVols"
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I started counting points on Jan. 5th. I have been
    >> >walking (sometimes
    >light
    >> >jogging) faithfully for 30 minutes on the treadmill,
    >> >except on Sundays. I STILL haven't lost 10 pounds!! In
    >> >fact I'm up a pound this week!! Sigh. I feel a lot
    >> >better and I know the exercise and eating right isn't
    >> >hurting
    >me,
    >> >but when will the pounds come off? I am trying to remain
    >> >upbeat and positive, but it is hard when I need to lose
    >> >100 pounds and can't even manage the first ten!

  12. Luvdavols

    Luvdavols Guest

    Connie,

    I am doing WW without attending meetings, just using my
    old stuff from the Winning Points Program.My sister
    works at a nursing home and weighs me weekly. According
    to my book, I am allowed 26 - 31 points/day as I weigh
    228 pounds. My lunches I have down perfectly... a
    Healthy Choice/Smart Ones meal, a salad consisting of
    lettuce (I don't measure it) carrots (I DO measure - 3
    oz.) a small yogurt and water. Breakfast and dinner are
    where I fall apart. I usually skip breakfast as I am not
    a morning person and being a teacher, cannot eat at work
    except for lunch. I WAS getting up earlier to eat a bowl
    of oatmeal with a cup of milk, but I became so snappy
    with my 9 year old daughter it just wasn't worth it.
    Dinner is a trouble spot for me because we eat out a LOT
    and it's so hard to know exactly how many points I'm
    getting. I usually stick to baked chicken or hamburger
    steak with a small potato and salad when we do eat out.
    For treats I use WW ice cream (2 pts. each) I started on
    Jan. 5th and so far have lost 8 pounds in 10 weeks. I
    used to could lose that much in a week. Oh well, I am
    NOT giving up. Oh yeah, I walk/jog on my treadmill 30
    minutes a day except Sunday and sometimes Saturday.

    "Connie" <[email protected]_primus.ca> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]_primus.ca...
    > Nell,
    >
    > Tell us more!! How many points a day are you consuming?
    > Are you eating all your flex? I'm worried that you are not
    > eating enough!!
    >
    > --
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Connie Walsh
    >
    > 241.5/197/155 RAFL 210.5/197/198.5 50 lbs off
    > 241.5/197/191.5
    >
    > LuvDaVols wrote:
    > > By the way, this is Nell (WannaBLean) on another
    > > computer. "LuvDaVols" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > > message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > >>I started counting points on Jan. 5th. I have been
    > >>walking (sometimes
    > >
    > > light
    > >
    > >>jogging) faithfully for 30 minutes on the treadmill,
    > >>except on Sundays.
    > >>STILL haven't lost 10 pounds!! In fact I'm up a pound
    > >>this week!! Sigh.
    > >>feel a lot better and I know the exercise and eating
    > >>right isn't hurting
    > >
    > > me,
    > >
    > >>but when will the pounds come off? I am trying to remain
    > >>upbeat and positive, but it is hard when I need to lose
    > >>100 pounds and can't even manage the first ten!

  13. Luvdavols

    Luvdavols Guest

    I'm hanging in there, gang. And to the question about water, I drink 64 oz.
    per day at least. Have a great day, all!!
    "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I am waiting for a multiple personality comment from Fred,
    > Lee LuvDaVols <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > By the way, this is Nell (WannaBLean) on another
    > > computer. "LuvDaVols" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > > message news:[email protected]...
    > > > I started counting points on Jan. 5th. I have been
    > > > walking (sometimes
    > > light
    > > > jogging) faithfully for 30 minutes on the treadmill,
    > > > except on
    Sundays.
    > > > STILL haven't lost 10 pounds!! In fact I'm up a pound
    > > > this week!!
    Sigh.
    > > > feel a lot better and I know the exercise and eating
    > > > right isn't
    hurting
    > > me,
    > > > but when will the pounds come off? I am trying to
    > > > remain upbeat and positive, but it is hard when I need
    > > > to lose 100 pounds and can't even manage the first
    > > > ten!

  14. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Sorry but I'm not the one who originally broached the
    subject (I don't think!!! (G)). There is someone else who
    also had posted under 2 id's. I think it happens as folks
    disguise their real names/addresses to prevent spam.

    On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 01:48:13 -0600, "Miss Violette"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I am waiting for a multiple personality comment from Fred,
    >Lee LuvDaVols <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> By the way, this is Nell (WannaBLean) on another
    >> computer. "LuvDaVols" <[email protected]> wrote in
    >> message news:[email protected]...
    >> > I started counting points on Jan. 5th. I have been
    >> > walking (sometimes
    >> light
    >> > jogging) faithfully for 30 minutes on the treadmill,
    >> > except on Sundays.
    >> > STILL haven't lost 10 pounds!! In fact I'm up a pound
    >> > this week!! Sigh.
    >> > feel a lot better and I know the exercise and eating
    >> > right isn't hurting
    >> me,
    >> > but when will the pounds come off? I am trying to
    >> > remain upbeat and positive, but it is hard when I need
    >> > to lose 100 pounds and can't even manage the first ten!

  15. Luvdavols

    Luvdavols Guest

    I got sidetracked and forgot to mention some of my salad stuff....in
    addition to the lettuce and carrots, I also cut up one stalk of celery and
    top all that off with one tablespoon of Newman's Own balsamic vinaigrette. I
    don't know how to do FlexPoints as it wasn't around when I last attended
    meetings.
    "LuvDaVols" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Connie,
    >
    > I am doing WW without attending meetings, just using
    > my old stuff from the Winning Points Program.My sister
    > works at a nursing home and weighs me weekly.
    > According to my book, I am allowed 26 - 31 points/day
    > as I weigh
    228
    > pounds. My lunches I have down perfectly... a Healthy
    > Choice/Smart Ones meal, a salad consisting of lettuce (I
    > don't measure it) carrots (I DO measure - 3 oz.) a small
    > yogurt and water. Breakfast and dinner are where
    > fall apart. I usually skip breakfast as I am not a morning
    > person and
    being
    > a teacher, cannot eat at work except for lunch. I WAS
    > getting up earlier
    > eat a bowl of oatmeal with a cup of milk, but I became so
    > snappy with my 9 year old daughter it just wasn't worth
    > it. Dinner is a trouble spot for me because we eat out a
    > LOT and it's so hard
    > know exactly how many points I'm getting. I usually stick
    > to baked chicken or hamburger steak with a small potato
    > and salad when we do eat out. For treats I use WW ice
    > cream (2 pts. each) I started on Jan. 5th and so
    far
    > have lost 8 pounds in 10 weeks. I used to could lose that
    > much in a week.
    Oh
    > well, I am NOT giving up. Oh yeah, I walk/jog on my
    > treadmill 30 minutes a day except Sunday and sometimes
    > Saturday.
    >

    > "Connie" <[email protected]_primus.ca> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]_primus.ca...
    > > Nell,
    > >
    > > Tell us more!! How many points a day are you consuming?
    > > Are you eating all your flex? I'm worried that you are
    > > not eating enough!!
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > Cheers,
    > >
    > > Connie Walsh
    > >
    > > 241.5/197/155 RAFL 210.5/197/198.5 50 lbs off
    > > 241.5/197/191.5
    > >
    > > LuvDaVols wrote:
    > > > By the way, this is Nell (WannaBLean) on another
    > > > computer. "LuvDaVols" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > > > message news:[email protected]...

    > > > light

    Sundays.
    Sigh.
    hurting

    > > > me,

  16. Meg Morgan

    Meg Morgan Guest

    I'm not much of a breakfast eater either, but I usually eat
    an English muffin with spray butter on it (2 points) this
    holds me until about 11, and then I have a 2 point snack..
    This way I go into lunch with only four points gone. You can
    make the muffin very quickly and eat it in the car if you
    have to (which I mostly do)..

    You can do it! "LuvDaVols" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...
    > I started counting points on Jan. 5th. I have been walking
    > (sometimes
    light
    > jogging) faithfully for 30 minutes on the treadmill,
    > except on Sundays. I STILL haven't lost 10 pounds!! In
    > fact I'm up a pound this week!! Sigh. I feel a lot better
    > and I know the exercise and eating right isn't hurting
    me,
    > but when will the pounds come off? I am trying to remain
    > upbeat and positive, but it is hard when I need to lose
    > 100 pounds and can't even manage the first ten!

  17. Meg Morgan

    Meg Morgan Guest

    I'm not much of a breakfast eater either, but I usually eat
    an English muffin with spray butter on it (2 points) this
    holds me until about 11, and then I have a 2 point snack..
    This way I go into lunch with only four points gone. You can
    make the muffin very quickly and eat it in the car if you
    have to (which I mostly do)..

    You can do it! "LuvDaVols" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...
    > I started counting points on Jan. 5th. I have been walking
    > (sometimes
    light
    > jogging) faithfully for 30 minutes on the treadmill,
    > except on Sundays. I STILL haven't lost 10 pounds!! In
    > fact I'm up a pound this week!! Sigh. I feel a lot better
    > and I know the exercise and eating right isn't hurting
    me,
    > but when will the pounds come off? I am trying to remain
    > upbeat and positive, but it is hard when I need to lose
    > 100 pounds and can't even manage the first ten!

  18. Luvdavols

    Luvdavols Guest

    Thanks, y'all. I AM drinking the water, and will add breakfast to my
    routine.
    "Meg Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:x%[email protected]...
    > I'm not much of a breakfast eater either, but I usually
    > eat an English muffin with spray butter on it (2 points)
    > this holds me until about 11,
    and
    > then I have a 2 point snack.. This way I go into lunch
    > with only four points gone. You can make the muffin very
    > quickly and eat it in the car
    if
    > you have to (which I mostly do)..
    >
    > You can do it! "LuvDaVols" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:[email protected]...
    > > I started counting points on Jan. 5th. I have been
    > > walking (sometimes
    > light
    > > jogging) faithfully for 30 minutes on the treadmill,
    > > except on Sundays.
    > > STILL haven't lost 10 pounds!! In fact I'm up a pound
    > > this week!! Sigh.
    > > feel a lot better and I know the exercise and eating
    > > right isn't hurting
    > me,
    > > but when will the pounds come off? I am trying to remain
    > > upbeat and positive, but it is hard when I need to lose
    > > 100 pounds and can't even manage the first ten!

  19. Luvdavols

    Luvdavols Guest

    Thanks, y'all. I AM drinking the water, and will add breakfast to my
    routine.
    "Meg Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:x%[email protected]...
    > I'm not much of a breakfast eater either, but I usually
    > eat an English muffin with spray butter on it (2 points)
    > this holds me until about 11,
    and
    > then I have a 2 point snack.. This way I go into lunch
    > with only four points gone. You can make the muffin very
    > quickly and eat it in the car
    if
    > you have to (which I mostly do)..
    >
    > You can do it! "LuvDaVols" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:[email protected]...
    > > I started counting points on Jan. 5th. I have been
    > > walking (sometimes
    > light
    > > jogging) faithfully for 30 minutes on the treadmill,
    > > except on Sundays.
    > > STILL haven't lost 10 pounds!! In fact I'm up a pound
    > > this week!! Sigh.
    > > feel a lot better and I know the exercise and eating
    > > right isn't hurting
    > me,
    > > but when will the pounds come off? I am trying to remain
    > > upbeat and positive, but it is hard when I need to lose
    > > 100 pounds and can't even manage the first ten!

  20. Amberle3

    Amberle3 Guest

    Here's my thoughts on the matter, in no particular order:

    1) breakfast can be really simple. Check into the Special K
    cereal bars
    - I think they work out to around 2.5 or 3 points each. Or
    the oatmeal bars. At least they have *some* nutrition
    (albeit not a lot) and it gets something in you first for
    breakfast.

    2) 8 pounds in 10 weeks is just fine. I know the WW
    recommendation is 1-2 pounds per week, but some people
    just aren't made to lose like that. My mother is, I'm
    not. She's losing at 1.7 pounds per week, I'm losing at
    .7 pounds. Sure I'd like it to be more, but the important
    thing is that overall, even with the weeks that show a
    gain, I'm still losing. Same with you.

    3) You're doing a prepackaged meal for lunches, and those
    typically have a fair amount of salt in them. You'll want
    to check that out, see the recent thread on salt causing
    water retension.

    4) As someone else mentioned I don't see any mention of
    water. It's tedious at first, trying to make sure you get
    all those glasses of water in, but it's really worth it.
    As a side benefit both my mother and I are noticing
    improvement in our skin, both in tone and complexion. I'd
    probably drink an extra one just to combat the salt in
    the packaged lunch.

    5) And finally - just a comment on losing 8 pounds in a week
    before... "diets" are set up so that you lose weight
    quickly, are satisfied for a while, but just aren't
    sustainable. It's like anything else - there's the easy
    way, and then there's the right way. WW is easy in some
    respects - there are no strictly prohibited foods, you
    don't need to completely cut yourself off from the treats
    that you love, you don't need to purchase specially made
    meals. But it's difficult because unlike "diets" it
    requires the understanding that a) this is not a quick-
    fix and b) this requires the committment that this
    program is for life. You can never go back to "normal"
    eating like before because what we were doing before
    wasn't normal eating. We're in a slow, gradual retraining
    process. It helps us to identify when we're engaging in
    behaviours that are contrary to our goals (losing weight
    and being healthy).

    The bottom line is - you're doing just fine. You're losing
    at a good pace, and it's probably the pace that your system
    is most comfortable with. If you're like me you'll lose a
    pound a week for a while, nothing for a few weeks, and then
    get a little whoosh of 3 or 4 pounds. I've been keeping that
    pattern up for almost a year now. I'd like to be a size 10
    tomorrow, but that's not going to happen. I can, however, go
    into my closet and put on some of the things that I used to
    wear before I started this journey, and the realization that
    I may not be a size 10 but I have lost enough weight that I
    *can't* wear a size 22 anymore is heartening.

    Amberle3