Help!!!

saddlesore

Apr 10, 2003
Can anyone help?

I played football (soccer) on Saturday for the first time in ages and now my big toenails are in danger of falling off.
It's very painful and I'm doing a sponsored bike ride in two weeks.
How can I speed my recovery and will I realistically be able to cycle 60 miles with dodgy toenails?
They haven't come completely off just yet but all the sides are split bleeding and weeping .....sorry about the gruesome detail.
I'm typing this with my feet in a bowl of warm salty water....please help.

PS we won the football match which is some consolation!

Can only help with a website: click here.

PS: I know you don't have ingrown toenails, but you might find some treatment advice.

Good luck.

Thanks for the link!
I've decided to go and see a chiropodist.
It's all a massive pain as I was planning on doing lots of training over the next few weeks - and now I can't even walk properly.
I just hobble around like an old man wincing.
Anyone else had a similar injury? How long till you were back in the saddle?

I lost both of my little toe nails after a half-marathon. I hobbled for two days, and was back on the bike after 3 days. So hopefully your training won't be too badly affected. By the way, the nails grew back and look better than before!

Thanks mate...that's good to know.
I'm still hobbling after four days but hopefully It'll be business as usual next Sunday for the ride.
Injuries are annoying at the best of times but when you've collected sponsorship money for months in advance it's even more of a pain in the saddle!