Help

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by YABADABADIZZLE, Aug 24, 2005.

1. YABADABADIZZLE

YABADABADIZZLE New Member

i have a triple crank and i can shift to the smallest and the middle chainring but i can't change to the biggest chain ring. i've tried all combinations with the cassetttes and nothing has helped. it feels like the cable is too short or something. i have shimano tiagra if that helps at all
    thanks
    -jon

Tags:

2. Don Shipp

Don Shipp New Member

You may need to slacken the cable a bit, or adjust the screw which limits the travel on the changer.

3. badkarma

badkarma New Member

When you're in the middle chainring and you push your shifter all the way over (as trying to go into the big chainring), does the FD push over as to allow the chain to go to the big chainring? If it doesn't, it sounds like your limit screw isn't dialed in correctly. If you can't figure it out, just bring it to the LBS, they should be able to diasgnose and fix it quickly.

4. boudreaux

boudreaux New Member

May be slack in the cable.With chain on samll chinring,cable should be taunt and have no slack. Use the adjuster to dial in more. If not tension,it could be hi limit is set too tight. www.parktool.com as derailer adjustment drill in repair section. Mindless fiddling will generally make it worse unless you just happen to get lucky.

5. YABADABADIZZLE

YABADABADIZZLE New Member

when i try to shift to the biggest chainring, the FD doesn't even move so ill go to that website and see what i can do by myself before i bring my bike into the shop.
    thanks guys
    -jon