Help

streetvision

Mar 22, 2003
yo i like cycling i live in a city i like mountain bikes there is a lot of uphill riding should i get a streetbike???

Lots of hills where I live. Mountain bike riders always travel slowly, with a pained expression as if they were waiting for death. Road bikes are faster, more fun and I find I use mine much more than the mountain bike.

As an aside, many mountain bike riders have beards (including some of the female riders) and wear funny clothes.

Your choice.

Originally posted by Blimp
As an aside, many mountain bike riders have beards (including some of the female riders) and wear funny clothes.
Same here in Ballarat, I aviod them at all costs. Followed some along a road yesterday arvo, I'm sure they were trying to throw themselves under my car.......stupid fools snaking along the road like they wanna die. I've seen one of the wankers holding a flag during the last local crit I raced, I seriously would have thought this ******** would have known better (if your reading this you stand on the last corner, east side of the circut) YOU'RE A STUPID F%K.

If you were one of the riders riding past SMB on the 21st of March 2003 at about 5:40pm up the hill, I hope you lift your game, you're both giving drivers a reason to HATE cyclists, I would have hated for you to damage my car you POS!

cheers!

wow steve you not getting enough sleep?

i've been a mountain biker and am now a roadie, i have to say cycling is all good fun but really the two types of bikes should stay in their natural environments :p :p

mountain bikes slow traffic down due to their rolling resistance, low gearing and weight and generally MTBers think they are bullet proof

so i'd say if its the city you ride in get a roadie and enjoy the speed

Originally posted by Duckwah
i've been a mountain biker and am now a roadie, i have to say cycling is all good fun but really the two types of bikes should stay in their natural environments :p :p

so i'd say if its the city you ride in get a roadie and enjoy the speed

ditto