Helping hand !

zipp2001

Mar 30, 2007
My old running partner from school days back in the 70's signed up for a local triathlon in our back yard. He's been running all these years and is also a very good swimmer, and has stayed active with it. The only issue is he never owned a road bike and only went out with a mountain bike once in a great while with his wife. So seeing I have a few extra bikes left I let him take my Giant grampy bike. I use it the haul my grand children around in a trailer attachment I have for it. He's had the bike about a month and we did one ride together, so today I talked him into doing the race course. He's getting better and continues to work on the little things we go over after our rides. Here's a little view of the course.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is quite neat of you to lend a hand in improving his basic bike handling skills. I bet since he is so fit, caught up everything quite fast. Good luck with that race by the way.

Reactions: zipp2001
Is quite neat of you to lend a hand in improving his basic bike handling skills. I bet since he is so fit, caught up everything quite fast. Good luck with that race by the way.

Always looking to share my love for this great sport with others. Having fun watching him get better with each ride, we go over the entire ride video after each ride to breakdown area's to work on before our next ride. Won't even think of introducing him to aero bars for at least a year. The fun part is I marshal the triathlon he's doing so I'll get to see him throughout the event. I'm going to see if I can get him to let me my camera on his bike for race day action.

Always looking to share my love for this great sport with others. Having fun watching him get better with each ride, we go over the entire ride video after each ride to breakdown area's to work on before our next ride. Won't even think of introducing him to aero bars for at least a year. The fun part is I marshal the triathlon he's doing so I'll get to see him throughout the event. I'm going to see if I can get him to let me my camera on his bike for race day action.

That would be utmost interesting to share here in the forum, quite encouraging to footage the debut of a person in a triathlon. By all means, if is possible, see if you can arrange a camera on his bicycle.