Hematoma in Hand

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> >
> > Remember, when you are donating platelets, they are pumping you full of
> > anticoagulants. They use calcium chelators. (I used to be a platelet
> > donor)
> >
> > That might be contributing to the problem!
> >
> > Be sure to take some calcium supplements after donating.
> >

> Thanks. I take Ca supplements anyway. Did the calcium chelators cause
> you any problems?
>
> Cheers,
> Peter.

Only initially...
Some mild muscle cramping sometimes the night after donating, but no big
deal. I never did have any major bruising that I can recall.

I did some reading up and habitually supplemented after every donation.
A balanced supplement that included Calcium, Magnesium and Phosphorous.
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson