Heras may sign with Astana..!!

"lewdvig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> The mainstream US media won't pay as much attention without an
> American at the top of the sport.

After the setup of Landis you can bet that a large proportion of Americans
will no longer pay the slightest attention to anything that is under UCI,
ASO or WADA.

>> The mainstream US media won't pay as much attention without an
>> American at the top of the sport.

> After the setup of Landis you can bet that a large proportion of Americans
> will no longer pay the slightest attention to anything that is under UCI,
> ASO or WADA.

Do you really believe that's true? A "large proportion of Americans"
probably know so little about cycling that they figure the Marion Jones
situation is proof that Floyd cheated as well... assuming they care about
cycling in the first place.

Marion Jones will definitely bolster the general public's opinion of the
WADA's work. 99.97%, however, wouldn't have a clue who the UCI or ASO are.
For that 99.97%, Landis as a means of questioning the WADA's worth is
yesterday's news. No longer relevant.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

The US press won't pay much attention to Heras if he is hired by
Astana, but the europrean press will..!! You can be sure that Phil
Ligett and others will mention that Heras is riding for Astana on TV.
This negative publicity is enough to scare away more potential
sponsors. It's going to take a lot of work and time to clean up the
sport.

On Oct 14, 11:27 am, lewdvig <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > The 'optics' of this will look so bad to the regular media. I hope a
> > > couple of years pass without an american at the pinnacle of the sport
> > > so that cycling gets a chance to flush this **** out.

> > This thread has dealt with Heras, Bruyneel and Basso. Where do the Americans
> > come into it?

> The mainstream US media won't pay as much attention without an
> American at the top of the sport. It would be nice to have their
> attention focused somewhere else. The only thing they report on re:
> cycling are the scandals. So no news would be good news IMO.
>
> Astana will have a big bullseye on their jerseys. WADA will be
> hounding these guys all year. They will dope, and without Lance's
> extreme paranoia they will be caught, and then everything will be
> linked back to Lance (with or without proof). You read it here first.

>>> The mainstream US media won't pay as much attention without an
>>> American at the top of the sport.

>> After the setup of Landis you can bet that a large proportion of
>> Americans will no longer pay the slightest attention to anything that is
>> under UCI, ASO or WADA.

> Do you really believe that's true? A "large proportion of Americans"
> probably know so little about cycling that they figure the Marion Jones
> situation is proof that Floyd cheated as well... assuming they care about
> cycling in the first place.
>
> Marion Jones will definitely bolster the general public's opinion of the
> WADA's work. 99.97%, however, wouldn't have a clue who the UCI or ASO are.
> For that 99.97%, Landis as a means of questioning the WADA's worth is
> yesterday's news. No longer relevant.

Give me a break Mike - do you really need to have your hand held in every
single written piece? OF COURSE I MEANT THOSE AMERICANS WHO HAVE BEEN
INTERESTED IN THE TOUR DE FRANCE BEFORE!

It would really be nice if school was out for the winter.

>>> After the setup of Landis you can bet that a large proportion of
>>> Americans will no longer pay the slightest attention to anything that is
>>> under UCI, ASO or WADA.

>> Do you really believe that's true? A "large proportion of Americans"
>> probably know so little about cycling that they figure the Marion Jones
>> situation is proof that Floyd cheated as well... assuming they care about
>> cycling in the first place.
>>
>> Marion Jones will definitely bolster the general public's opinion of the
>> WADA's work. 99.97%, however, wouldn't have a clue who the UCI or ASO
>> are. For that 99.97%, Landis as a means of questioning the WADA's worth
>> is yesterday's news. No longer relevant.

> Give me a break Mike - do you really need to have your hand held in every
> single written piece?

Only those that interest me. I doubt that I'm in the top-20 posters here.

>>> After the setup of Landis you can bet that a large proportion of
>>> Americans will no longer pay the slightest attention to anything that is
>>> under UCI, ASO or WADA.

> OF COURSE I MEANT THOSE AMERICANS WHO HAVE BEEN INTERESTED IN THE TOUR DE
> FRANCE BEFORE!

Sorry, it didn't come across that way. I didn't realize you were writing
only to the "Americans" who frequent RBR or otherwise care about bike
racing. All 47 of us. Well, OK, maybe a few more than that. :>)

> It would really be nice if school was out for the winter.

Noisy playground next door?

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [...]

> news:[email protected]...
>> "Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Do you really believe that's true? A "large proportion of Americans"
>>> probably know so little about cycling that they figure the Marion Jones
>>> situation is proof that Floyd cheated as well... assuming they care
>>> about cycling in the first place.
>>>
>>> Marion Jones will definitely bolster the general public's opinion of the
>>> WADA's work. 99.97%, however, wouldn't have a clue who the UCI or ASO
>>> are. For that 99.97%, Landis as a means of questioning the WADA's worth
>>> is yesterday's news. No longer relevant.

>> Give me a break Mike - do you really need to have your hand held in every
>> single written piece? OF COURSE I MEANT THOSE AMERICANS WHO HAVE BEEN
>> INTERESTED IN THE TOUR DE FRANCE BEFORE!
>>
>> It would really be nice if school was out for the winter.

Mike, you're on my top 5 list but that doesn't mean I ain't going to kick
you in the ass.

> Mike, you're on my top 5 list but that doesn't mean I ain't going to kick
> you in the ass.

What sort of victory would that be? I post here, so I'm as much a loser as
everyone else here!