herbal supplements and remedies

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Tammy Smith, Mar 9, 2004.

  1. Tammy Smith

    Tammy Smith Guest

    I'm pretty sold on the idea of treating my ailments via
    herbal remedies. With regards to aging, I've been comparing
    the different methods of treatment for things like
    osteoporosis and I would like to know how everyone feels
    about herbal remedies.

    Tammy http://herbalremedies.blogspot.com/

    Tags:

  2. markd

    markd Guest

    Any source of drugs, even those from herbs, are fine as long
    as one can rely on them being effective, safe, and that the
    source for them is honest in labeling practices, as too
    often the label is incorrect as to content, dosage, amount
    of active ingredient, etc. so as to be misleading and
    useless for informed consumer choice. There are independent
    sources on the web which have tested some of them as to the
    above and/or web sources which indicate which are outright
    frauds. One would always be wise to independently consult a
    wide variety of sources of knowledge before making such
    decisions. One additional source of potential problems is to
    how to reliably know if one has a problem in the first
    place, in the absence of diagnosis outside of one's own very
    fallible self perception, independent confirmation is always
    very important.

    >I'm pretty sold on the idea of treating my ailments via
    >herbal remedies. With regards to aging, I've been comparing
    >the different methods of treatment for things like
    >osteoporosis and I would like to know how everyone feels
    >about herbal remedies.
    >

    >Tammy http://herbalremedies.blogspot.com/

  3. Ichy

    Ichy Guest

    Good for you Tammy, however marketing is not allowed on this
    newsgroup.

    Please do not do this again. Thanks for your help!

    "Tammy Smith"