In article <[email hidden]>,
Michael \'Dog3\' Lonergan said:Quoted message said:I used to feel the same way about ginger in Asian food, to the point i
would request 'no ginger' in Chinese resturants, then for some reason i
started experminting with it and have come to like it. It's taste used
to remind me of the way various soaps smell.
However i still cant abide olive oil.
---
JL
I love ginger. I find it really versatile. I use fresh ginger whenever I
can. I like it much better than the the dried stuff in the jar. I find
that it gives a unique and delicious flavor to all kinds of dishes. Olive
oil is also a favorite of mine. Not only do I cook with it but I make
dipping sauces out of it. The dipping sauces are easy. I'll take a big
clove of garlic (and/or some rosemary or oregano etc.), slit it and dump it
into a container. I'll fill the container with olive oil and let it sit for
a few hours then pour it into plates with some fresh parmesan and dunk
bread in it. Good stuff. I don't keep any of it for the next day. I have
not yet figured out how to make it and keep it without the olive oil
getting rancid.
Michael
Fresh ginger is an excellent addition to garlic.
I've used ginger now in a LOT of things that you would not generally
think about.
The pork hock I made for the split pea soup I'm fixin' to make is a good
example, and I added it to the beans I made a couple of days ago too.
Wherever I use garlic, I pretty much use fresh grated ginger now.
Funny about Olive oil. :-) I used to hate it too, now I can't live
without it!
I wonder if I ever could get to like Cilantro?
I've tried to get myself to like beer, and I still can't stand it. :-P
--
Om.
"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson