Here comes a bride, surgically refined

I

Ilena

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/01/30/1075340841216.html?from=top5

Here comes a bride, surgically refined By Brigid Delaney January 31, 2004

Print this article
Email to a friend

A vision in white . . . Kristy Bryan models the The Siren wedding dress, designed by Diane
Lewis, during a fitting for the bridal expo at the Sydney Entertainment Centre this weekend.
Photo: Kate Geraghty

The bride walked down the aisle to the tune of AC/DC's Thunderstruck, wearing a backless, plunging
gold sheath designed to complement her new breast implants and toned stomach.

Welcome to the contemporary wedding. Sydney brides are taking their inspiration from Hollywood, not
tradition, say organisers of a bridal exhibition at the Sydney Entertainment Centre this weekend.

This inspiration includes bridal gowns that are sleek and revealing in colours ranging from hot pink
to platinum, and creating a body that can look good in these gowns.

"Because girls are getting married older, they are more body aware," said Diane Lewis, a bridal
designer whose dresses feature in the exhibition.

"They are not trying to dress up like vestal virgins."

"They will get a personal trainer and some will have plastic surgery. They change the colour of
their hair and their body shape," she said.

"Gone are the days of just having a facial before the wedding."

Our fixation with celebrities is partly to blame.

advertisement

advertisement

"Brides come in with pictures they saw of dresses at the Golden Globes or Academy Awards. Their
wedding day is the closest they are going to be to a celebrity because they are the star of the day.
There is enormous pressure to look perfect."

The exhibition organiser, Glenn Findlay, agrees.

"Weddings have changed dramatically in the last four or five years. There is a decline in all the
trimmings, but a huge emphasis on the wedding dress and personal grooming.

"You do hear it quite often that brides will have cosmetic surgery before a wedding.

"If somebody was going to have surgery it would be before their wedding - because that's the day the
focus is on them and there is pressure to look really perfect."

Sydney's climate and an increase in outdoor weddings were also driving the trend towards sleeker,
revealing dresses, Ms Lewis said.

Given that older brides are paying for their own wedding, there is no need to please mum and dad.

"Brides are buying the dress for themselves - not something they think their parents will like," Mr
Findlay said.

"They are also inviting fewer guests but putting on expensive wine and good quality food."

~~~~~~~~~~

www.breastimplantawareness.org

In article <[email protected]>,
Ilena <[email protected]> wrote:
>http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/01/30/1075340841216.html?from=top5
>
>Here comes a bride, surgically refined By Brigid Delaney January 31, 2004
>
> Print this article
> Email to a friend
>
>A vision in white . . . Kristy Bryan models the The Siren wedding dress, designed by Diane
>Lewis, during a fitting for the bridal expo at the Sydney Entertainment Centre this weekend.
>Photo: Kate Geraghty
>
>
>The bride walked down the aisle to the tune of AC/DC's Thunderstruck, wearing a backless, plunging
>gold sheath designed to complement her new breast implants and toned stomach.

Gee whiz, Ilena, just because you'd look like hell in such a dress, do you have to rain on everyone
else's parade?

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my opinions only, but they're almost always
correct. "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my
shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

[email protected] (David Wright)

> Gee whiz, Ilena, just because you'd look like hell in such a dress, do you have to rain on
> everyone else's parade?
>

LOL ... yes, according to Team Barrett ... I am the ugliest, oldest, fattest, stupidest, most bought
off poster on Usenet ...

Exactly why I created these webpages:

www.humanticsfoundation.com/disinfoagentsfaq.htm

My concern was young women getting breast implants ... at minimum signing up for a lifetime of
surgery ... very possibly with no health insurance available to them ... and unknown potential
dangers to their offspring.

Thanks tho Davey ... for illustrating how little you know about me ... yet how dedicated you are to
bashing me ... the more Barrett & Grell lose to me ... the more desperate you flacks are in your
impotent campaign against me.

www.humanticsfoundation.com/disinfoagentsfaq.htm#wrongerthanwright

www.humanticsfoundation.com/quacklibelsuit.htm

[email protected] (David Wright) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> In article <[email protected]>, Ilena <[email protected]> wrote:
> >http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/01/30/1075340841216.html?from=top5
> >
> >Here comes a bride, surgically refined By Brigid Delaney January 31, 2004
> >
> > Print this article
> > Email to a friend
> >
> >A vision in white . . . Kristy Bryan models the The Siren wedding dress, designed by Diane Lewis,
> >during a fitting for the bridal expo at the Sydney Entertainment Centre this weekend. Photo: Kate
> >Geraghty
> >
> >
> >The bride walked down the aisle to the tune of AC/DC's Thunderstruck, wearing a backless,
> >plunging gold sheath designed to complement her new breast implants and toned stomach.
>
> Gee whiz, Ilena, just because you'd look like hell in such a dress, do you have to rain on
> everyone else's parade?

Hmmmm..... a "plunging gold sheath" that showcases the bride's breasts (natural or implants) &
abdomen -- modeled to an AC/DC song...... it just doesn't shout "long term commitment", does it?

Ilena <[email protected]> wrote:
>[email protected] (David Wright)
>
>> Gee whiz, Ilena, just because you'd look like hell in such a dress, do you have to rain on
>> everyone else's parade?
>>
>
>LOL ... yes, according to Team Barrett ... I am the ugliest, oldest, fattest, stupidest, most
>bought off poster on Usenet ...

Based on the pictures I've seen of you, you're not fat, you're not that old. I know of no evidence
that you're "bought off", whatever that's supposed to mean in this context. And you're certainly not
the stupidest poster on Usenet, though you are certainly one of the most self-righteous.

But you'd still look like hell in that dress.

>Thanks tho Davey ... for illustrating how little you know about me ...

Quite a bit about you, actually. You put yourself and your crusades and your bizarre feuds on
display all the time. Let's remember that you're the one with a web page about me, not the other
way around.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my opinions only, but they're almost always
correct. "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my

Michele <[email protected]> wrote:
>[email protected] (David Wright) wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>> In article <[email protected]>, Ilena <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/01/30/1075340841216.html?from=top5
>> >
>> >Here comes a bride, surgically refined By Brigid Delaney January 31, 2004
>> >
>> > Print this article
>> > Email to a friend
>> >
>> >A vision in white . . . Kristy Bryan models the The Siren wedding dress, designed by Diane
>> >Lewis, during a fitting for the bridal expo at the Sydney Entertainment Centre this weekend.
>> >Photo: Kate Geraghty
>> >
>> >
>> >The bride walked down the aisle to the tune of AC/DC's Thunderstruck, wearing a backless,
>> >plunging gold sheath designed to complement her new breast implants and toned stomach.
>>
>> Gee whiz, Ilena, just because you'd look like hell in such a dress, do you have to rain on
>> everyone else's parade?
>
>Hmmmm..... a "plunging gold sheath" that showcases the bride's breasts (natural or implants) &
>abdomen -- modeled to an AC/DC song...... it just doesn't shout "long term commitment", does it?

Oh, I think you're being terribly judgemental.

It doesn't shout "good taste," though.