General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

here is a new set of ???

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 5 posts · 377 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
4 February 2006
Last activity
5 February 2006
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
377
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I was at one time for about 6 years steady 120 lbs (little too thin)
    and super buff, constant exerciser and really looked nice. Then I was
    offered a promotion at work, more money but we know what does along
    with that MORE HOURS. Thus, the gym stopped, and the weight started
    along with the [censored] food. I became overweight and miserable. OK now
    I have lost all the weight, most (people tell me to stop now and dont
    go for the 120 again) I will decide when I get there what I like ,and I
    am 3 weeks back in the gym. Here is question # 1. The weight lifting
    strength still stayed and is coming back super quick. WHY??? 2. the
    cardio is a different story, need to improve but not a total wipe out.
    So the benefits do stay???? I mean I am not a pile of flab and its
    really showing like the old me. Does all the protien make this time
    better?????

    Now second question, this diet the weight flew off, I mean flew and I
    did not cheat once, so here is the #2 what do you do when you hit
    goal? I know add some carbs slow but cant I just add a little more
    protein or things (nuts) to make up calories. where do I go? Should I
    add bread , this was my downfall and I do mean downfall!!!!!. #3
    some of you say when you ate dessert, pasta on maintenance you felt
    [censored] is this true and what do you mean??? Can I just stay like this
    for the rest of my time??

  2. If you are enjoying (the dietary) aspects of your way of life, I don't
    see any reason why you would need to change. At some point, your body
    will stabilize out and unless you do something more drastic you will
    stop loosing weight. From what I have read, for most people this turns
    out to be a healthy, normal weight that wouldn't be considered skinny.
    The other thing that I have read is that people tend to back off on the
    diet a bit and the lbs start to creep back on and when it hits about 5
    lbs then it is time to restrict the carbohydrate intake, back to
    induction levels, for a week or two.

  3. <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:


    Here is question # 1. The weight lifting
    strength still stayed and is coming back super quick. WHY???

    You didn't become a weakling...you kept some muscle and you were strong.
    Now you are putting those muscles to work again and they are responding.
    Good deal.

    Quoted message said:

    2. the
    cardio is a different story, need to improve but not a total wipe out.
    So the benefits do stay????

    To some degree, yes. Given too much time, too much lousy eating and
    inactivity, they can and will fade. Keep at the cardio...you'll be good
    again if you stay at it. Be happy you got busy when you did.

    I mean I am not a pile of flab and its

    Quoted message said:

    really showing like the old me. Does all the protien make this time
    better?????

    Yes. Less muscle loss, IMO.

    Quoted message said:


    Now second question, this diet the weight flew off, I mean flew and I
    did not cheat once, so here is the #2 what do you do when you hit
    goal?

    Read the book! 🙂

    You need to keep doing most of what you've been doing to reach this point.
    If you go back to what you did before, you'll be what you were before. Just
    like now, you switch back to a healthy lifestyle and your body has improved.
    Monitor yourself daily and never let your health take a back seat to
    anything else you may be doing. You only get one body and one life...(as
    far as I know).

    I know add some carbs slow but cant I just add a little more

    Quoted message said:

    protein or things (nuts) to make up calories.

    Yes, increase protein and fat, but keep a close watch on carbs. Keep
    exercising and lifting. Find some fun exercise activities to do....cycling,
    running, swimming, running, etc.

    where do I go? Should I

    Quoted message said:

    add bread ,

    HELL NO. There is really know reason to eat bread. Better to have a real
    dessert every blue moon.

    Quoted message said:

    this was my downfall and I do mean downfall!!!!!. #3
    some of you say when you ate dessert, pasta on maintenance you felt
    [censored] is this true and what do you mean???

    Some people really don't react well to carbs....really IR....wheat
    intorance... etc. It pays to learn your own limits and your own body. Not
    everyone reacts the same.

    Quoted message said:

    Can I just stay like this
    for the rest of my time??

    If you continue doing what you've been doing, yes. IMO.

  4. Got it all except norway2 said you stabilize , could you stablize at a
    weight that was actually overweight?? And then the next sentence was
    do something drastic. what is drastic that you could do??? Thanks
    both of you very enjoyable to read and get the good common sense.

  5. Quoted message said:

    Got it all except norway2 said you stabilize , could you stablize at a
    weight that was actually overweight?? And then the next sentence was
    do something drastic. what is drastic that you could do??? Thanks
    both of you very enjoyable to read and get the good common sense.

    I supposed that it would be possible to stabilize at an overweight
    condition, but it would still be an indication that something may be
    wrong somewhere. Possibilities would include medical conditions,
    medication, over consumption of food, consumption of the wrong foods,
    etc.

    As an example, a friend on mine was one of the first individuals to
    have the weight loss surgery, back when they were performing it on
    those that needed it most rather than only those that they felt had a
    high probability of sucess. While he lost around 250lbs over about a
    two year period, he still weighs about 300lbs and looks very
    overweight. While he aviods sugar and certain foods that are known to
    cause him distress the majority of what he does eat is nothing but
    refined junk carbs.

    While this example isn't indicative of stabilizing at an overweight
    condition for an LC approach, it does show an example of how with a
    major change to your system, of which LC is one type, your body will
    ultimately achieive a new stabilized or set point.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.