Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

here's the video

Started by Miles Todd · · Last activity · 63 posts · 3,681 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
3 January 2004
Last activity
12 January 2004
Original author
Miles Todd
Posts
63
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,681
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–40 of 63
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Quoted message said:

    come on Slacker, throw up some defense for the XC guys.

    as quoted from RM:

    "uhh guys Ive ridden that trail many times and where he falls is actually pretty easy. his bud
    just freaked him out by stopping and saying "thats a Hell of a fvcking big drop Miles Be carefull"
    its not a big drop unless he was talking about the bluff he rolled down. Ive taken several Boy
    Scout troops out there for day tips and if a bunch of 12 year olds can ride it I think that a
    grown man should be able to. I am wondering why he still has his lights on also? the tunnels are
    nowhere around that section. by the way I laughed my ass of when the guy says "Did you film it?"

    Michael

    Anytime. Done.
    --
    Slacker

  2. miles todd said:

    it's 16 megs. the pain and misery starts at about halfway.

    Quoted message said:

    mountainbikebill.comMilesCrash.mpg


    Glad that you're OK. I did something similar a while back but was saved by grabbing a spindly tree
    growing next to the trail. Nice first bounce BTW.
    --
    Westie (Replace 'invalid' with 'yahoo' when replying.)

  3. "Slacker" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    miles todd said:

    it's 16 megs. the pain and misery starts at about halfway.

    Quoted message said:

    mountainbikebill.comMilesCrash.mpg

    You know it's gnarly when the DH'ers are calling it Hardcore
    ridemonkey.comshowthread.php

    After reading that thread, I know what DH stands for in your context, [censored]. What a bunch
    of idiots.

    JD

  4. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    You know it's gnarly when the DH'ers are calling it Hardcore
    ridemonkey.comshowthread.php

    After reading that thread, I know what DH stands for in your context, [censored]. What a bunch
    of idiots.

    JD

    I wish I could disagree.
    --
    Slacker

  5. On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 00:42:09 GMT, miles todd <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    it's 16 megs. the pain and misery starts at about halfway.

    Quoted message said:

    mountainbikebill.comMilesCrash.mpg

    Now that the "Thou shall not jest until 48hrs has pasted" is over,

    So I have been thinking about trying the SS thing out. Word is you might have a bike that may be a
    little under utilized for a few days
    :-)

    Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

  6. Bill Porter said:
    miles todd said:

    it's 16 megs. the pain and misery starts at about halfway.

    Quoted message said:

    mountainbikebill.comMilesCrash.mpg

    Now that the "Thou shall not jest until 48hrs has pasted" is over,

    So I have been thinking about trying the SS thing out. Word is you might have a bike that may be a
    little under utilized for a few days

    Miles' bike is in my garage; I'll start working on a rental rate sheet right away ;-)

    Bill "also got shoes, helmet, Camelbak..." S.

  7. S o r n i said:

    Miles' bike is in my garage; I'll start working on a rental rate sheet right away ;-)

    Bill "also got shoes, helmet, Camelbak..." S.

    Are you trying to tell us his helmet is still intact after those aerobat maneuvers he did?

    --
    Perre

    You have to be smarter than a robot to reply.

  8. Per Elmsäter scribbled on a scrap of paper:

    Quoted message said:
    S o r n i said:

    Miles' bike is in my garage; I'll start working on a rental rate sheet right away ;-)

    Bill "also got shoes, helmet, Camelbak..." S.

    Are you trying to tell us his helmet is still intact after those aerobat maneuvers he did?

    intact or not, I think it's a candidate for replacement.

    penny

  9. "Penny S" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Per Elmsäter scribbled on a scrap of paper:

    Quoted message said:
    S o r n i said:

    Miles' bike is in my garage; I'll start working on a rental rate sheet right away ;-)

    Bill "also got shoes, helmet, Camelbak..." S.

    Are you trying to tell us his helmet is still intact after those aerobat maneuvers he did?

    intact or not, I think it's a candidate for replacement.


    If it's a Bell, you can contact them about their replacement program. Send the helmet in, along with
    $25, they will send you a new one, and a 'Saved by the Bell' certificate, with you name one it. Not
    sure if the other companys do this, but they may.

  10. Mojo Deluxe said:

    "Penny S" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Per Elmsäter scribbled on a scrap of paper:

    Quoted message said:

    S o r n i wrote:

    >Miles' bike is in my garage; I'll start working on a rental rate sheet right away ;-)
    >
    >Bill "also got shoes, helmet, Camelbak..." S.

    Are you trying to tell us his helmet is still intact after those aerobat maneuvers he did?

    intact or not, I think it's a candidate for replacement.

    If it's a Bell, you can contact them about their replacement program. Send the helmet in, along
    with $25, they will send you a new one, and a 'Saved by the Bell' certificate, with you name one
    it. Not sure if the other companys do this, but they may.


    it is a specialized. It is almost entirely ok, but for two not-very-obvious dents. of course,
    those dents would have been dents in my head but fot the helmet...

    miles

  11. miles todd scribbled on a scrap of paper:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    intact or not, I think it's a candidate for replacement.

    If it's a Bell, you can contact them about their replacement program. Send the helmet in, along
    with $25, they will send you a new one, and a 'Saved by the Bell' certificate, with you name one
    it. Not sure if the other companys do this, but they may.


    it is a specialized. It is almost entirely ok, but for two not-very-obvious dents. of course,
    those dents would have been dents in my head but fot the helmet...

    miles

    I'd be concerned about what I have heard called "microcrystalline fractures" in the foam.

    Penny

  12. miles todd said:

    it is a specialized. It is almost entirely ok, but for two not-very-obvious dents. of course,
    those dents would have been dents in my head but fot the helmet...

    miles

    If you send them a copy of the film with the helmet. They'll probably send you a crateful of
    helmets for free.

    --
    Perre

    You have to be smarter than a robot to reply.

  13. "Penny S" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    miles todd scribbled on a scrap of paper:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >
    > intact or not, I think it's a candidate for replacement.
    >

    If it's a Bell, you can contact them about their replacement program. Send the helmet in, along
    with $25, they will send you a new one, and a 'Saved by the Bell' certificate, with you name
    one it. Not sure if the other companys do this, but they may.


    it is a specialized. It is almost entirely ok, but for two not-very-obvious dents. of course,
    those dents would have been dents in my head but fot the helmet...

    miles

    I'd be concerned about what I have heard called "microcrystalline


    fractures"

    Quoted message said:

    in the foam.


    Any kinds of dents, it's time to replace the helmet, because the integrity has been compromised.
    Bike helmets are a one shot deal, but well worth the investment.

  14. Per Elmsäter said:
    miles todd said:

    it is a specialized. It is almost entirely ok, but for two not-very-obvious dents. of course,
    those dents would have been dents in my head but fot the helmet...

    miles

    If you send them a copy of the film with the helmet. They'll probably send you a crateful of
    helmets for free.

    He's probably on to something there. I showed the video to my kids and gave 'em the helmet lecture
    at the same time Togood effect I might add, though I did ensure they knew you were okay.

    Tom

  15. Monique Y. Herman said:

    On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 at 18:55 GMT, Dean A. Stepper penned:

    Quoted message said:

    Since starting mountain biking I have given up tattoos and gone directly to scarification. Girls
    like scars and they are good conversation pieces.

    bones heal chicks dig scars pain is temporary and glory is forever

    (I've seen many t-shirts with variations, but none that quite matched what I wanted. One of these
    days, though ...)

    This is the only source I know of:

    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever" - Shane Falco (Keanu Reeves), The
    Replacements

    --
    Regards, CK (remove clothes to reply)

  16. In "]news:[email hidden],
    Monique Y. Herman <[email hidden]> typed:

    Quoted message said:

    On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 at 18:55 GMT, Dean A. Stepper penned:

    Quoted message said:

    Since starting mountain biking I have given up tattoos and gone directly to scarification. Girls
    like scars and they are good conversation pieces.

    bones heal chicks dig scars pain is temporary and glory is forever

    (I've seen many t-shirts with variations, but none that quite matched what I wanted. One of these
    days, though ...)

    Here's mine...

    pbase.com24818817

    Pretty much verbatim.

    Mike

  17. "Per Elmsäter" <[email hidden]> had this to say
    "]news:[email hidden]

    Quoted message said:
    S o r n i said:

    Miles' bike is in my garage; I'll start working on a rental rate sheet right away ;-)

    Bill "also got shoes, helmet, Camelbak..." S.

    Are you trying to tell us his helmet is still intact after those aerobat maneuvers he did?

    I NEED one of those helmets!. What kind did you say it was again?

    Dave (this would be an excellent reccmendation!)

    Quoted message said:


    --
    Perre

    You have to be smarter than a robot to reply.

  18. On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 at 02:36 GMT, Michael Dart penned:

    Quoted message said:

    In "]news:[email hidden], Monique Y. Herman
    <[email hidden]> typed:

    Quoted message said:


    bones heal chicks dig scars pain is temporary and glory is forever

    (I've seen many t-shirts with variations, but none that quite matched what I wanted. One of these
    days, though ...)

    Here's mine...

    pbase.com24818817

    Pretty much verbatim.

    Cool =)

    --
    monique

  19. Quoted message said:

    it is a specialized.

    Is it $150? If so, does it have a camera mount?

  20. Monique Y. Herman said:

    On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 at 02:10 GMT, Cone Killer penned:

    Quoted message said:
    Monique Y. Herman said:

    On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 at 18:55 GMT, Dean A. Stepper penned:
    > Since starting mountain biking I have given up tattoos and gone directly to scarification.
    > Girls like scars and they are good conversation pieces.
    >

    bones heal chicks dig scars pain is temporary and glory is forever

    (I've seen many t-shirts with variations, but none that quite matched what I wanted. One of
    these days, though ...)

    This is the only source I know of:

    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever" - Shane Falco (Keanu Reeves), The
    Replacements

    That may be the original, but I like my altered version better. For one thing, I don't think that
    pain actually heals -- wounds heal. Pain subsides, unless you're quite unlucky. (Maybe I should
    modify the above to "bones mend," now that I think about it ...)

    I like your version better too. I'm just a nut about movie quotes. ;-)

    Now I have to find a T-shirt!
    --
    Regards, CK (remove clothes to reply)

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.