Here we go again! - Puerto Case May Be Reopened

Dont' worry. Pat McQuaid will announce that we need to move forward instead of looking back. As long as a rider can get through an initial investigation, a season, or a Giro , he is safe--no matter what information or advances in testing come out afterward.

Bro Deal said:
Dont' worry. Pat McQuaid will announce that we need to move forward instead of looking back. As long as a rider can get through an initial investigation, a season, or a Giro , he is safe--no matter what information or advances in testing come out afterward.
Unfortunate, but true. McQuaid is the precise reason why I've all but turned my back on pro cycling. He's adamant about damage control at this point - don't touch the "star" dopers, but he'll sacrifice some no-name...

tonyzackery said:
Unfortunate, but true. McQuaid is the precise reason why I've all but turned my back on pro cycling. He's adamant about damage control at this point - don't touch the "star" dopers, but he'll sacrifice some no-name...
We're all the way back to 1999. Lance is back and, yes, doping has been uncovered in the past but if we all keep it undercover from now on and don't show off too much (no 50% HCT) then the show will go on. Team Slipstream must be wondering why they bothered with all this anti-doping nonsense. I mean, anti-doping? That's just not cycling.

I wonder how big of a bribe Bruyneel will pay the UCI to keep Contador safe. Vrijman is probably waiting breathlessly by the phone right now. dreaming up convoluted logic as to why a positive is not really a positive.

come on now, no more complaining. we're not here to dwell on the past. even l.a. finally let catlin have some blood and urine, not that the few months of dodging the blood draw wasn't going to allow him to get doped to the gills and make sure his "superhuman" specimen values were within the uci parameters.

Bro Deal said:
I wonder how big of a bribe Bruyneel will pay the UCI to keep Contador safe. Vrijman is probably waiting breathlessly by the phone right now. dreaming up convoluted logic as to why a positive is not really a positive.
Then again is resolves the Armstrong/Contador team leader issue....... would Bruyneel have him test positive to remove him from the equation ?

slovakguy said:
come on now, no more complaining. we're not here to dwell on the past. even l.a. finally let catlin have some blood and urine, not that the few months of dodging the blood draw wasn't going to allow him to get doped to the gills and make sure his "superhuman" specimen values were within the uci parameters.
In first Armstrong needed time to improve after 3 yeas off, so to shorten that time nothing better than doping.
It's easier to dope when you know what kind of tests will be done.
I was hoping and still hope that Catlin will do different "out of range" testing now or later. How long could he store blood and urine? Maybe hair?
Maybe he could be use the old LNDD urines to draw a baseline! :D

poulidor said:
In first Armstrong needed time to improve after 3 yeas off, so to shorten that time nothing better than doping.
It's easier to dope when you know what kind of tests will be done.
I was hoping and still hope that Catlin will do different "out of range" testing now or later. How long could he store blood and urine? Maybe hair?
Maybe he could be use the old LNDD urines to draw a baseline! :D
I wonder if Catlin knows how much of a hit his reputation is taking over this.

if the l.a. press releases are to be believed, catlin has the authority to freeze and store samples for future testing. downside to all that is no one in press corps bothered to ask what has been contractually agreed upon should l.a. decide to terminate the services.

slovakguy said:
if the l.a. press releases are to be believed, catlin has the authority to freeze and store samples for future testing. downside to all that is no one in press corps bothered to ask what has been contractually agreed upon should l.a. decide to terminate the services.
wwee

http://www.velonews.com/article/86718/mcquaid-welcomes-revived-puerto-probe

Just as I thought, McQuaid concerned about controlling the damage witness his comment about "the other 70%" of Dr. Eufem.'s clients. Why does he give a rip about "the other 70%"? Simple fact of the matter is he wants to make sure the cycling drug issue is put in it's proper perspective amongst the other sports in the world. IOW, "we're not the only sport with a problem, they have a problem too - see..."

Cyclists involved??? "We have to have the possibility to punish them". I'm sooooo scared if I'm Alejandro Valverde...

What a pity that McQuaid...

He refused to retest the samples filled with CERA of last GIRO and now he want to punish the OP riders...

No consistency!

poulidor said:
What a pity that McQuaid...

He refused to retest the samples filled with CERA of last GIRO and now he want to punish the OP riders...

No consistency!
You got it wrong, my friend. McQuaid doesn't want to punish anyone. He doesn't want to hear or see anything more WRT to doping and cyclists - now "the other 70%" he'd love to see them brought down...