Here we go again-

Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com

Guest
'Ultra stiff yet vertically compliant'...

big, yet small, tall yet short, black yet white,

Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com wrote:
> 'Ultra stiff yet vertically compliant'...
>
> big, yet small, tall yet short, black yet white,

and you forgot "lightweight but heavily built"

On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 09:53:13 -0400, Just A User
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com wrote:
>> 'Ultra stiff yet vertically compliant'...
>>
>> big, yet small, tall yet short, black yet white,
>>

>and you forgot "lightweight but heavily built"

and, "expensive but a bargain."

--
jeverett3<AT>sbcglobal<DOT>net (John V. Everett)

On Oct 5, 7:54 am, "Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> 'Ultra stiff yet vertically compliant'...
>
> big, yet small, tall yet short, black yet white,

Which ad or bike are you referring to, Peter? Just curious.

Smokey

John Everett wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 09:53:13 -0400, Just A User
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com wrote:
>>
>>>'Ultra stiff yet vertically compliant'...
>>>
>>>big, yet small, tall yet short, black yet white,
>>>

>>and you forgot "lightweight but heavily built"

> and, "expensive but a bargain."

Just gimme an order of jumbo shrimp.

John Everett wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 09:53:13 -0400, Just A User
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com wrote:
>>> 'Ultra stiff yet vertically compliant'...
>>>
>>> big, yet small, tall yet short, black yet white,
>>>

>> and you forgot "lightweight but heavily built"

> and, "expensive but a bargain."

I just was given a price on a Colnago - expensive, but expensive!

On Oct 5, 10:29 am, John Everett
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 09:53:13 -0400, Just A User
>
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.comwrote:
> >> 'Ultra stiff yet vertically compliant'...

> >> big, yet small, tall yet short, black yet white,

> >and you forgot "lightweight but heavily built"

> and, "expensive but a bargain."

That one can be very true. For some things, not all, it pays to buy
the most expensive, highest quality, etc. because the cheaper
alternatives end up costing far more in the long run.

On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 09:13:15 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>On Oct 5, 7:54 am, "Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com"
><[email protected]> wrote:
>> 'Ultra stiff yet vertically compliant'...
>>
>> big, yet small, tall yet short, black yet white,

>Which ad or bike are you referring to, Peter? Just curious.

All bikes with carbon fiber frames :)

Cannondale had US patent 4,513,985: seat stays with an oval
cross section, to make them more stiff laterally than vertically.

> big, yet small, tall yet short, black yet white,

"He was a cruel man, but fair" (Monty Python)

Tom Ace

Tom Ace wrote:

> Cannondale had US patent 4,513,985: seat stays with an oval
> cross section, to make them more stiff laterally than vertically.

I have some of those bikes. The frames are "stiff, yet rigid, while
at the same time surprisingly inflexible".

Chalo

Tom Ace wrote:

> Cannondale had US patent 4,513,985: seat stays with an oval
> cross section, to make them more stiff laterally than vertically.

If "them" refers to a tube, that's fine, but not if it refers to the
frame, which is essentially rigid vertically.

--
Ted Bennett

"Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> On Oct 5, 9:13 am, [email protected] wrote:
>> On Oct 5, 7:54 am, "Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com"
>>
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> > 'Ultra stiff yet vertically compliant'...

>> > big, yet small, tall yet short, black yet white,

>> Which ad or bike are you referring to, Peter? Just curious.
>>
>> Smokey

> http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-US/bikes/road/1237/29254/

The two bicycle characteristics can be separated. Lateral stiffness
makes for a bicycle that tracks well through bumpy corners. The
suspension seatpost makes for vertical compliance. You can even combine
them on just the frame (Softride). The forecast for tomorrow is
rain......another one hour eye balls out stationary trainer ride is in
the offing.

Phil H

Tom Ace wrote:
> Cannondale had US patent 4,513,985: seat stays with an oval
> cross section, to make them more stiff laterally than vertically.

Hmm. Seat stays are primarily in tension and compression on an
unpatented non-Cannondale bicycle
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

i am eteranlly conflused. How can the whazzit be stiff yet unyeilding
and pleasantly mild when the contraption, my low cost asian import at
around $2500+ rides on spokes and squirmy tires?
I think urawl nuts and cuckoo.

Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com wrote:
> 'Ultra stiff yet vertically compliant'...
>
> big, yet small, tall yet short, black yet white,

why the confusion? there are 8 tubes on a traditional frame. different
lengths, thickness, diameter, shape, etc. one tube can be comparatively
stiff, another comparatively elastic, for its given position and loading
mode. seems simple enough to me.

On Oct 5, 2:23 pm, "Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On Oct 5, 9:13 am, [email protected] wrote:
>
> > On Oct 5, 7:54 am, "Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com"

> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > 'Ultra stiff yet vertically compliant'...

> > > big, yet small, tall yet short, black yet white,

> > Which ad or bike are you referring to, Peter? Just curious.

> > Smokey

> http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-US/bikes/road/1237/29254/

In your endless battle against progress, you omitted an important
detail about the description. The seamless integration of aluminum and
carbon is the unique element that gives this bike the stiffness and
compliance.

Andres

"Chalo" wrote: (clip) The frames are "stiff, yet rigid, while at the same
time surprisingly inflexible".
The above statement is mutually self-consistent.