Not open for further replies.
S

Smudger

Where's the cheapest source of a Dura-Ace triple chainset, new or used
(170mm)?

Smudger wrote:
> Where's the cheapest source of a Dura-Ace triple chainset, new or used
> (170mm)?

New price to beat will be £183.95 from Parker International. Try advertisers in Cycling Weekly.

~PB

I think Deeside cycles can do a similar price. It's tempting but not tempting enough for a skint
person like me. Anyone know of any lower?

Sorted.

I eventually went for an Ultegra triple. Supposed to be close in quality to the Dura Ace (in value
terms that is) and it's loads cheaper. I went for Deeside Cycles and the chappie there (thanks
Ashley) was a superstar and spent ages on the phone discussing the pros, cons and details (like
needing a new bottom bracket because Tiagra is tapered and 105 up is splined, if you didn't already
know). 11/10 for Deeside cycles who'll get my business next time too.

PS - I have no material interest in Deeside Cycles.

Smudger wrote:
> I eventually went for an Ultegra triple. Supposed to be close in quality to the Dura Ace (in value
> terms that is) and it's loads cheaper. I went for Deeside Cycles and the chappie there (thanks
> Ashley) was a superstar and spent ages on the phone discussing the pros, cons and details (like
> needing a new bottom bracket because Tiagra is tapered and 105 up is splined, if you didn't
> already know).
> 11/10 for Deeside cycles who'll get my business next time too.

I've had excellent service from Deeside as well. Their website doesn't always bear much relation to
what they have, though. For instance, they didn't have any of the listed stems that I was first
interested in, but after enquiring, had a couple more not mentioned on the site at all. Parkers have
similar prices and generally more stuff.

~PB

And blimey charlie it arrived the very next day. The right bits too.

Smudger deftly scribbled:
> And blimey charlie it arrived the very next day. The right bits too.

's why I posted the link .. a most excellent company to deal with .. ;)

--
...................................Paul-*** Seti 1399 wu in 10037 hours
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

Status
Not open for further replies.