Here's a challenge

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Smudger, Feb 4, 2003.

  1. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    Where's the cheapest source of a Dura-Ace triple chainset, new or used
    (170mm)?

    Tags:

  2. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Smudger wrote:
    > Where's the cheapest source of a Dura-Ace triple chainset, new or used
    > (170mm)?

    New price to beat will be £183.95 from Parker International. Try advertisers in Cycling Weekly.

    ~PB

  3. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    I think Deeside cycles can do a similar price. It's tempting but not tempting enough for a skint
    person like me. Anyone know of any lower?

  4. Paul - XXX

    Paul - XXX Guest

  5. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    Sorted.

    I eventually went for an Ultegra triple. Supposed to be close in quality to the Dura Ace (in value
    terms that is) and it's loads cheaper. I went for Deeside Cycles and the chappie there (thanks
    Ashley) was a superstar and spent ages on the phone discussing the pros, cons and details (like
    needing a new bottom bracket because Tiagra is tapered and 105 up is splined, if you didn't already
    know). 11/10 for Deeside cycles who'll get my business next time too.

    PS - I have no material interest in Deeside Cycles.

  6. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Smudger wrote:
    > I eventually went for an Ultegra triple. Supposed to be close in quality to the Dura Ace (in value
    > terms that is) and it's loads cheaper. I went for Deeside Cycles and the chappie there (thanks
    > Ashley) was a superstar and spent ages on the phone discussing the pros, cons and details (like
    > needing a new bottom bracket because Tiagra is tapered and 105 up is splined, if you didn't
    > already know).
    > 11/10 for Deeside cycles who'll get my business next time too.

    I've had excellent service from Deeside as well. Their website doesn't always bear much relation to
    what they have, though. For instance, they didn't have any of the listed stems that I was first
    interested in, but after enquiring, had a couple more not mentioned on the site at all. Parkers have
    similar prices and generally more stuff.

    ~PB

  7. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    And blimey charlie it arrived the very next day. The right bits too.

  8. Paul - XXX

    Paul - XXX Guest

    Smudger deftly scribbled:
    > And blimey charlie it arrived the very next day. The right bits too.

    's why I posted the link .. a most excellent company to deal with .. ;)

    --
    ...................................Paul-xxx Seti 1399 wu in 10037 hours
    http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/