Here's a funny thing . . .

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Mal, Apr 23, 2003.

  1. Mal

    Mal Guest

    Why after a track training session do I drive my car well within the speed limits? I forgot
    all about that - it's been a while. It's just like driving after a spliff *ahem* so I've been
    told. WTF????

    Mal

    Tags:

  2. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 21:28:55 +0100, "Mal" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Why after a track training session do I drive my car well within the speed limits? I forgot
    >all about that - it's been a while. It's just like driving after a spliff *ahem* so I've been
    >told. WTF????

    Ahem, indeed, Mal.

    Once in a while, if I accidentally overdose on my anti-convusant drugs (carbamazepine and clobazam -
    mainly carbamazepine, I'd guess) I feel as if I've smoked a spliff - as I have too been told!

    Maybe Dr Helen V could throw some light on this curious matter.

    James

    PS Now, where's the food?

    --
    Watch the kite, not where you're going!

  3. Andymorris

    Andymorris Guest

    Mal wrote:
    > Why after a track training session do I drive my car well within the speed limits? I forgot
    > all about that - it's been a while. It's just like driving after a spliff *ahem* so I've been
    > told. WTF????
    >
    > Mal

    I found a similar effect after going go-cart racing on a works do.

    --
    Andy Morris

    AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK

  4. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    "AndyMorris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > I found a similar effect after going go-cart racing on a works do.

    Immediately after karting or motor racing most people experience the opposite effect. They are
    still in racing mode. When I used to race saloon cars, and even now after the very occasional
    playing with karts, I had to make a conscious effort for the first few miles to think "road
    driving, road driving."

    --
    Dave...

  5. Andymorris

    Andymorris Guest

    Dave Kahn wrote:
    > "AndyMorris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >> I found a similar effect after going go-cart racing on a works do.
    >
    > Immediately after karting or motor racing most people experience the opposite effect. They are
    > still in racing mode. When I used to race saloon cars, and even now after the very occasional
    > playing with karts, I had to make a conscious effort for the first few miles to think "road
    > driving, road driving."

    My car (Ford Ka) just felt such a boat after the cart that it wasn't worth pushing it.