Heres a thought...

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Amh, Jun 13, 2003.

  1. Amh

    Amh Guest

    What if Lance, Tyler and David Millar won the podium in Paris.

    It would be the first all English speaking podium. I doubt it will happen but 10 years ago having
    one English speaker on the podium was big news.

    Andy

    >What if Lance, Tyler and David Millar won the podium in Paris.

    The french would be seriously pissed off. They might make it a french team only event next year to
    guarantee a french win.
    -----------------
    Alex __O _-\<,_ (_)/ (_)

  3. > The french would be seriously pissed off. They might make it a french
    team
    > only event next year to guarantee a french win.

    And then get even more angry when no French team manages to win :)

  4. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    Well, certainly the podium would all be speaking Italian and Belgian.

    news:[email protected]...

  5. Alex Rodriguez <[email protected]> wrote:
    > [email protected] says...
    > >What if Lance, Tyler and David Millar won the podium in Paris.

    > The french would be seriously pissed off. They might make it a french team only event next year to
    > guarantee a french win.

    Millar rides for a French team.

    Last winner from a French team was Hinault 1985, last podium spot for a French team was Julich 1998.

    There aren't many legitimate French contenders but it will surprise me if there is not a Spanish
    rider on the podium.

  6. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    > What if Lance, Tyler and David Millar won the podium in Paris.

    Yeah right...

  7. Jan

    Jan Guest

    Benjamin Weiner wrote:
    > Alex Rodriguez <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> [email protected] says...
    >>> What if Lance, Tyler and David Millar won the podium in Paris.
    >
    >> The french would be seriously pissed off. They might make it a french team only event next year
    >> to guarantee a french win.
    >
    > Millar rides for a French team.
    >
    > Last winner from a French team was Hinault 1985, last podium spot for a French team was
    > Julich 1998.
    >
    > There aren't many legitimate French contenders but it will surprise me if there is not a Spanish
    > rider on the podium.

    ....................or a Colombian . Just hope Telekom allow him the freedom he had at Kelme.

    Jan

    ---