Here's a Trike from a different point of view

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Skip, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. Skip

    Skip Guest

    Tags:

  2. Don

    Don Guest

    Joshua, If the rider could not get up from a low seat they probably would not have the agility to
    climb onto that thing. It should have running boards and a chrome step like an 18-wheeler.

    Once again I ask the question---Why?

  3. On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 20:13:55 -0500, "skip" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >It's up for auction on eBay. It's a Zing.
    >
    >http://tinyurl.com/fshy

    Interesting, but not exactly a new design. It's very similar to the Flevo trike:
    http://www.ligfietsshop.nl/nl/tempelman/trike_nl.htm

    I wonder why the Zing's rear stays are not triangulated, while the rest of the frame is so heavily
    triangulated? With the rider so high up, there must be a lot of bending force on those rear arms
    during turns.

  4. Bri

    Bri Guest