Here's another thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tezza

May 26, 2003
Wouldn't it also be nice if instead of Armstrong, Cippolini or the other BIG names, an up and comer really blitzed them in the Tour d F?
We all love our heroes but it does just get a wee bit boring and predictabe at times ..... or is such a thought just pure heresy in our American dominated world?

...... even the greatest people can raise themselves to loftier levels by showing a little humilty.
Tezza:D

>From: Tezza [email protected]

>Wouldn't it also be nice if instead of Armstrong, Cippolini or the other BIG names, an up and comer
>really blitzed them in the Tour d F?

Love to see some new young blood challenge at TDF, but they'd have to come from one of the teams
that doesn't have a designated leader for the overall. I don't think that the rigid team structure
has died yet. I could see a Lemond/Hinault situation happening again even if the leader wasn't
challenging for the win. Bill C

Here's a negative thought. If Lance loses the TDF, it's possible that he might not win any races
this year, seeing how he is skipping some races but if I were a betting man, I would put all my
money on Lance to win the TDF.

B- "Tezza" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Wouldn't it also be nice if instead of Armstrong, Cippolini or the other BIG names, an up and
> comer really blitzed them in the Tour d F? We all love our heroes but it does just get a wee bit
> boring and predictabe at times ..... or is such a thought just pure heresy in our American
> dominated world?
>
> ..... even the greatest people can raise themselves to loftier levels by showing a little
> humilty. Tezza:D
>
>
>
> --
> >--------------------------<
> Posted via cyclingforums.com http://www.cyclingforums.com

Tezza wrote:
> Wouldn't it also be nice if instead of Armstrong, Cippolini or the other BIG names, an up and
> comer really blitzed them in the Tour d F? We all love our heroes but it does just get a wee bit
> boring and predictabe at times ..... or is such a thought just pure heresy in our American
> dominated world?
>
> ..... even the greatest people can raise themselves to loftier levels by showing a little

Kinda like Ramondas Rumsas?

--
--
Lynn Wallace http://www.xmission.com/~lawall "I'm not proud. We really haven't done everything we
could to protect our customers. Our products just aren't engineered for security." --Microsoft VP in
charge of Windows OS Development, Brian Valentine.

On 14 Jun 2003 11:00:11 +0950, Tezza <[email protected]> wrote:

>Wouldn't it also be nice if instead of Armstrong, Cippolini or the other BIG names, an up and
>comer really blitzed them in the Tour d F? We all love our heroes but it does just get a wee bit
>boring and predictabe at times ..... or is such a thought just pure heresy in our American
>dominated world?
>
>..... even the greatest people can raise themselves to loftier levels by showing a little
>humilty. Tezza:D

If it's not Lance for an American I'd like to see Levi just crank it out of no where. Millar would
great as well.

Lindsay
----------------------------
"One of the annoying things about believing in free will and individual responsibility is the
difficulty of finding somebody to blame your problems on. And when you do find somebody, it's
remarkable how often his picture turns up on your driver's license."

P.J. O'Rourke

> comer really blitzed them in the Tour d F?

Different, yes, but "nice" is all a matter of perspective.

> We all love our heroes but it does just get a wee bit boring and predictabe at times .....

Lance wiping out at high speed on a descent was not anything I recall anybody predicting. It could
happen again in the TDF, or something even worse. He isn't assured a win this year, and you cannot
predict or promise a win. He's a bit banged up now, so who knows how that will affect him if he
doesn't fully recover.

> or is such a thought just pure heresy in our American dominated world?

Not at all heresy, but in a sport that is most definitely NOT dominated by Americans for the most
part, I don't know why anyone should be bothered if Lance wins again. Time and age will put an end
to Lance's TDF wins eventually, and the anti-Lance fans can throw a party or something.

Tezza <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> dominated world?

As an American I'd love to see a race from a known name or an up and commer. I was rooting for
Petarchi (sp?) in the sprints against Cipo. There are many folks in the US who root for the
underdogs. Sad to see that the typical American reputation is that of one who roots for the
dominant. We are taught (or used to be taught) that anyone who graduates high school can become
president of the United States.

Andy

>

>From: [email protected] (amh)

>We are taught (or used to be taught) that anyone who graduates high school can become president of
>the United States.
>

Well a new standard has been set there. --Tom Paterson

amh wrote:
>
> We are taught (or used to be taught) that anyone who graduates high school can become president of
> the United States.
>
> Andy

I must have missed that post-Lincoln constitutional amendment :)

Originally posted by David Ryan
amh wrote:
>
> We are taught (or used to be taught) that anyone who graduates high school can become president of
> the United States.
>
> Andy

I must have missed that post-Lincoln constitutional amendment :)

Gee that explains it Andy,

Vote rigging and megolomania must have been "majors" for Dubbya at the expense of basic English. Don't worry, we have our own embarrasment in the form of Prime Miniture John Coward.

Tezza

Status
Not open for further replies.