Here's ma Bike

looks tite, my glasses are all the way downstairs tho, i cant see what some of the components are, like seatpost, pedels

Where can I get me some chairs like those?

No, just kidding -- fantastic, rosso. As you well know, I'm super jealous. Coincidentally, I just put in the order for the last of my Klein's components this morning... bar tape, computer, stem (Deda's new Einstein -- gorgeous!), and the DA10 group.

Anyways, looks amazing. I've seen this scheme up close, and you're right, pictures don't do it justice. List the specs for us again?

BTW -- what's the seapost and size? Am I right in planning for the thing to take a 31.6mm? I have a 27.2mm post and I've bought a shim just in case, so I can go either way... what are you using?

Very nice indeed....that is a good red color there!!! specs?

Lokstah...I bet it's killing you right now since you're still awaiting on your frame to arrive.

Originally posted by Rudy
Lokstah...I bet it's killing you right now since you're still awaiting on your frame to arrive.
I think I'm already dead...

Hello people........The bike is a 54cm Klein as u can tell by the writing on the down tube.

All parts are campy 2004 record.

The seatpost is a 27.2 but note it takes a 31.6...Have u seen the flippin dimentions of a 31.6? it looks like a drain pipe!

Seat Post is a Selle Italia Ti Flite 2004

Pedals are Look A5.1s

Deda works well with the bar and stem. I'll take some more close ups but ma camera is a bit crappy.

Check out my Black Calipers they go well with the bike too!

Ma wheels r just a set of mavic cosmos 2004 with Rubinos to train on....ksyrimums soon!

Enjoy.....Rosso

Notice from the above pic........it's clean, slick and there r no wires on the frame! campy record RULES!!! talk about hide n seek?

gorgeous chain set......notice the way the weave fades out on the seat stays! And then realise how well this goes with the bits of carbon weave here and there on the front Der and the rear Der! the word is symbiosis i think!

Love it. What's the seatpost model? Did you use the manufacturer's shim? I've got a USE Alien Ti post and one of USE's own shims, which cost too friggin' much, by the way.

I suppose it's all about weight savings and OS tubes, but it would be nice if Klein could build these things to accept 27.2 posts.

Sorry dunno about the shim, team mech handles all that....i just pays ma money and rides em! Can assure u though it would have been an expensive one! My words to mech were simple "no expense spared ok!"

Anyways do check out this pic of the Deda Newton Stem sitting mighty at the front end holding up an oversized Newton bar. Notice how well the front clamp goes with the "k" logo on the front of the frame.

Also worth a mention here is the steathly look of the brake calipers. The cable and caliper bond as though its a one piece construction!

'Tis a mighty stem and bar. Seen the Deda Einstein stem yet? I gots me hands on one -- very sharp; similar to the Newton but with a carbon faceplate and subtle blue/yellow graphics. I was hoping for a brand-consistent bar/stem combo, but couldn't find a match I was happy with (loved the Einstein stem too much and couldn't find the matching bar). Got the 3T More carbon bar instead -- should look nice together, even though there's a brand struggle there.

Ahhh, the fine points of bike aesthetics!

Originally posted by lokstah
'Tis a mighty stem and bar. Seen the Deda Einstein stem yet? I gots me hands on one -- very sharp; similar to the Newton but with a carbon faceplate and subtle blue/yellow graphics. I was hoping for a brand-consistent bar/stem combo, but couldn't find a match I was happy with (loved the Einstein stem too much and couldn't find the matching bar). Got the 3T More carbon bar instead -- should look nice together, even though there's a brand struggle there.

Ahhh, the fine points of bike aesthetics!

Just googled the Einstein.....Wots with the yellow writing? I cant see that goin with any other frame colour than yellow? The rear rend seems a clone of the Newton. The Carbon faceplate is a nice addition though but for me the Newton is perfection. Whats more Newton was a brit like me! whayhey!...lol...

Originally posted by rossoreduk
Just googled the Einstein.....Wots with the yellow writing? I cant see that goin with any other frame colour than yellow?
You kidding? The Einstein is lovely! My Klein is coming in the Waves design, which is largely blue; I've tried to keep the total color scheme, including all bits, pieces, tiny graphics, and so on, to blue, white, silver, black, and yellow. So red was a no no.

Originally posted by lokstah
You kidding? The Einstein is lovely! My Klein is coming in the Waves design, which is largely blue; I've tried to keep the total color scheme, including all bits, pieces, tiny graphics, and so on, to blue, white, silver, black, and yellow. So red was a no no.

Lovely? I'll show u lovely....lovely is the way my frame becomes a chameleon in light....just look at the plethora of colours that eminate the instant a light source hits it. In this case my camera flash. Notice the brilliant white specks. Thats not dripped dry paint, its the light being reflected back! It highlights the curvatiousness of the frame body. Even the recesses where the bolts of the Deda stem go in glow!

Also check out my carbon spacer and record carbon top cap. I'll post a close up of that later for u lot to drool over!

hhmmm a 54cm eh? I ride a 53 or a 54 on road bike. Can I stop by for a test ride?

which model is this? does it have a carbon seat stay?