Here's ma Bike

Originally posted by DiabloScott
Yo Rosso - Is that a poster of my governor next to your TV? I didn't know you had such political feelings.

Politics aside, the man has achieved a lot in life! For someone who cant even speak good English, he's not doin to bad is he? Reminds me of a time when Bush was gov of Texas?? Presidency beckons perhaps?

Heres a better shot to marvel over

Originally posted by rossoreduk
Politics aside, the man has achieved a lot in life! For someone who cant even speak good English, he's not doin to bad is he? Reminds me of a time when Bush was gov of Texas?? Presidency beckons perhaps?

Heres a better shot to marvel over

and he still can't speak english.... :D

Constitutionally prohibited from being POTUS I'm afraid... must be born in USA. Maybe Senator though.

Constitutionally prohibited from being POTUS I'm afraid...
"Afraid" would be the appropriate term. Well, it's only been a few months. I'm staying calm. I'll be calmer when my damn bike comes, though.

Hey, speaking of Klein builds again... someone mentioned special Allen bolts involved in the caliper assembly. Are these shipped with the frame? They sure as hell aren't shipped with the calipers, from what I can tell. Are the required bolts particularly rare or is my shop going to have some lying around? Are we looking at a special order situation?

Note that the guys building mine aren't a Klein dealer -- they're just an ace shop that does lots of excellent builds. They're well-stocked, but aren't necessarily going to have bits that are essential for Klein builds and only Klein builds.

Originally posted by lokstah
Hey, speaking of Klein builds again... someone mentioned special Allen bolts involved in the caliper assembly. Are these shipped with the frame? They sure as hell aren't shipped with the calipers, from what I can tell. Are the required bolts particularly rare or is my shop going to have some lying around? Are we looking at a special order situation?

Note that the guys building mine aren't a Klein dealer -- they're just an ace shop that does lots of excellent builds. They're well-stocked, but aren't necessarily going to have bits that are essential for Klein builds and only Klein builds.

Speak to ur LBS they will be able to advise u. Yes u will need custom allen bolts and mine werent given with the frame. I had to demand it from the people i bought the frame from. Ur frames takin too long....look call em up give them some grief!

So Lokstah - what shop ordered your frame for you? I know most of them around here, not that I could speed things along but just curious. And why didn't you use the same shop for your build up? And why don't you just build it up yourself?

I didn't need any special allen bolts for my frame - I put on 9-speed DA package without any mods... just the derailleur clamp thing already discussed. The brakes fit right in perfectly, I don't know what Rosso is talking about with his.

I met Eddy Merckx at Missing Link a long time ago - he autographed my shoulder sling! He said "you... crash...your bicycle?" It was so cool.

So Lokstah - what shop ordered your frame for you? I know most of them around here, not that I could speed things along but just curious. And why didn't you use the same shop for your build up? And why don't you just build it up yourself?

I didn't need any special allen bolts for my frame - I put on 9-speed DA package without any mods... just the derailleur clamp thing already discussed. The brakes fit right in perfectly, I don't know what Rosso is talking about with his.

I met Eddy Merckx at Missing Link a long time ago - he autographed my shoulder sling! He said "you... crash...your bicycle?" It was so cool.

I'll try and take pics when the mrs gives back my digi cam. I'm talkin about both front and rear calipers. The bolt that they afix too needs to be long. This is cos the front forks and the rear seat stay r very chunky in dimention. Those supplied as standard on ur groupset will be too small. Allen key locknut bolt or something it's called.

I'm PMed you, Scott. Highly covert matters; could get us both killed (nothing important really).

I love that you met Merckx at Missing Link -- that's cool. When did that happen? I'm thinking Velo Sport on Virginia and MKL would be a better bet to catch him; it's a groovier, more retro place in my opinion, and they have a less generic selection of frames. They're a big Marioni dealer; aside from that, they carry Airborne and Terry bikes along with Fuji and Giant.

Thanks for the info; you too, Rosso.

I guess the carbon rear end would be different from my aluminum stays so that may explain the rear brake bolt, but the fork is pretty much the same I though - anyway, Russo just did it so he's probably right.

Got your PM Lockstah - mum's the word.

Missing Link was carrying EM bikes at the time and Eddy came to sign autographs and have his pictures taken as part of a national publicity tour. I remember thinking how awesome his bikes looked and years later I had one!