Herne Hill Good Friday results?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Andy Coggan, Apr 19, 2003.

  1. Andy Coggan

    Andy Coggan Guest

    Anybody know how the roadie's pursuit turned out?

    Tags:

  2. On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 18:56:23 GMT, "Andy Coggan" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Anybody know how the roadie's pursuit turned out?

    SCCU Good Friday Centenary Pursuit

    1 Bradley Wiggins (Gbr) FDJeux.com 8284m 2 Paul Manning (Gbr) VC St Raphael 8270m 3 Bradley McGee
    (Aus) FDJeux.com 8178m 4 Stuart O'Grady (Aus) Credit Agricole 8106m

    from

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/track/?id=2003/apr03/hernehillgf

    Stephen

  3. Andy Coggan

    Andy Coggan Guest

    "Steve McGinty" <[email protected]_DOT_.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 18:56:23 GMT, "Andy Coggan" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Anybody know how the roadie's pursuit turned out?
    > >

    > SCCU Good Friday Centenary Pursuit
    >
    > 1 Bradley Wiggins (Gbr) FDJeux.com 8284m 2 Paul Manning (Gbr) VC St Raphael 8270m 3 Bradley McGee
    > (Aus) FDJeux.com 8178m 4 Stuart O'Grady (Aus) Credit Agricole 8106m
    >
    > from
    >
    > http://www.cyclingnews.com/track/?id=2003/apr03/hernehillgf

    Thank you! I've been trying to log onto cyclingnews all day, but it seems to be down.

    Was Manning a substitute for the injured David Millar? I thought I'd read he was going to try to
    compete despite his recent stay in the hospital (which would have been a brave - or stupid - move,
    as I've seen a massive hip hematoma before, and it isn't pretty). And wasn't Wiggins the victim of a
    recent fall as well?

    Andy Coggan

  4. "The first attack of the day by Anthony Reullier (VC Cholet) saw Sean Yates (Team Clean) chase down
    the move before the popular Director Sportif of Team CSC made his own move for a lap. "
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/track/?id=2003/apr03/hernehillgf Golden Wheel Race.

    Interesting to see Team Clean still in existence. Matt Illingworth started that as a breakaway
    racing team in protest against prevalent doping in UK cycling in about 1993 or so.

  5. Stan Cox

    Stan Cox Guest

    "Andy Coggan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Vpjoa.32663<Snip>>
    > Thank you! I've been trying to log onto cyclingnews all day, but it seems
    > be down.
    >
    > Was Manning a substitute for the injured David Millar? I thought I'd read
    he
    > was going to try to compete despite his recent stay in the hospital (which would have been a brave
    > - or stupid - move, as I've seen a massive hip hematoma before, and it isn't pretty). And wasn't
    > Wiggins the victim of a recent fall as well?
    >
    > Andy Coggan

    David Millar attended but couldnt ride. Manning substituted for him. David apparently made himself
    available to chat sign autographs etc. I wasnt there but this was in the newspaper report yesterday.
    All the best.

    Stan Cox

  6. On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 08:08:37 +0100, "Stan Cox" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Andy Coggan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Vpjoa.32663<Snip>>
    >> Thank you! I've been trying to log onto cyclingnews all day, but it seems
    >> be down.
    >>
    >> Was Manning a substitute for the injured David Millar? I thought I'd read
    >he
    >> was going to try to compete despite his recent stay in the hospital (which would have been a
    >> brave - or stupid - move, as I've seen a massive hip hematoma before, and it isn't pretty). And
    >> wasn't Wiggins the victim of a recent fall as well?
    >>
    >> Andy Coggan
    >>

    >David Millar attended but couldnt ride. Manning substituted for him. David apparently made himself
    >available to chat sign autographs etc. I wasnt there but this was in the newspaper report
    >yesterday. All the best.
    >
    >Stan Cox

    Full results here

    http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/results/2003/april/19_good_friday.shtml

    BTW if you thought Pantani's headgear at Aragon was dodgy, check out the geezer on the mic on
    page 2....

    Stephen

  7. On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 08:08:37 +0100, "Stan Cox" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Andy Coggan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Vpjoa.32663<Snip>>
    >> Thank you! I've been trying to log onto cyclingnews all day, but it seems
    >> be down.
    >>
    >> Was Manning a substitute for the injured David Millar? I thought I'd read
    >he
    >> was going to try to compete despite his recent stay in the hospital (which would have been a
    >> brave - or stupid - move, as I've seen a massive hip hematoma before, and it isn't pretty). And
    >> wasn't Wiggins the victim of a recent fall as well?
    >>
    >> Andy Coggan
    >>

    >David Millar attended but couldnt ride. Manning substituted for him. David apparently made himself
    >available to chat sign autographs etc. I wasnt there but this was in the newspaper report
    >yesterday. All the best.
    >
    >Stan Cox

    Full report here