Herne Hill on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John Hearns

Are many people going to the Herne Hill meeting on Friday?

What about a uk.rec.cycling meetup? How/where?

>Are many people going to the Herne Hill meeting on Friday?
>
>What about a uk.rec.cycling meetup? How/where?

The Unfit Family Simmons shall be there & I'll be easily recognisable if it's a warm day.

Cheers, helen s ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~
Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending a reply!

Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
~~~~~~~~~~

> The Unfit Family Simmons shall be there & I'll be easily recognisable if
it's a
> warm day.

You will be the one woman walking round with a paving slab under one arm looking for b*b shorts.

I too will be there and keeping my shorts well hidden.

Mark

Mark J. <[email protected]> wrote:
>> The Unfit Family Simmons shall be there & I'll be easily recognisable if it's a warm day.
>
> You will be the one woman walking round with a paving slab under one arm looking for b*b shorts.
>

PSF's either going to have to keep her eyes tightly shut or take a truck load of paving slabs with
her. One will not be enough!

Tony

--
http://www.raven-family.com

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to
adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George
Bernard Shaw

davep wrote:

> Steve McGinty wrote:
>
> > Results and pics
> >
> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/track/?id=2003/apr03/hernehillgf
> >
> > looked like some crowd.
> >
> > Stephen
>
> the climax to the day was the 20k "Golden Wheel" scratch. A brilliant race , perhaps it was the
> 2500pds on offer to the winner !!

My ten year old was jumping in the air and yelling with excitement as Chris Newton in his worlds
jersey looked to have the 20km sown up.

When the incredible speed of Bradley Wiggins pulled everyone up to Newton with less than half a lap
to go, and allowed O'Grady to take the sprint he couldn't believe his eyes. "Wiggins lost it for
Great Britain" was all I've been hearing since.

To say he's annoyed is an understatement, although David Millar's autograph helps :)

I've been trying to console him with the brilliant 1-2 UK over the Aussies in the Pursuit (what a
race) and Chris Hoy in the sprint.

It was an incredible day. Fantastc crowd, great weather and superb racing.

John B

Status
Not open for further replies.