Herne Hill on Friday

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by John Hearns, Apr 16, 2003.

  1. John Hearns

    John Hearns Guest

    Are many people going to the Herne Hill meeting on Friday?

    What about a uk.rec.cycling meetup? How/where?

    Tags:

  2. >Are many people going to the Herne Hill meeting on Friday?

    >What about a uk.rec.cycling meetup? How/where?

    The Unfit Family Simmons shall be there & I'll be easily recognisable if it's a warm day.

    Cheers, helen s ;-)

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  3. Mark J.

    Mark J. Guest

    > The Unfit Family Simmons shall be there & I'll be easily recognisable if
    it's a
    > warm day.

    You will be the one woman walking round with a paving slab under one arm looking for b*b shorts.

    I too will be there and keeping my shorts well hidden.

    Mark

  4. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Mark J. <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> The Unfit Family Simmons shall be there & I'll be easily recognisable if it's a warm day.
    >
    > You will be the one woman walking round with a paving slab under one arm looking for b*b shorts.

    PSF's either going to have to keep her eyes tightly shut or take a truck load of paving slabs with
    her. One will not be enough!

    Tony

    --
    http://www.raven-family.com

    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to
    adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George
    Bernard Shaw

  5. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    "Mark J." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > I too will be there and keeping my shorts well hidden.

    I'll be stuck at my desk in Marly-le-Roi. :-(

    --
    Dave...

  6. In message <[email protected]>, Dave Kahn
    <[email protected]> writes

    >I'll be stuck at my desk in Marly-le-Roi. :-(

    You conveniently fail to mention the surfeit of French holidays in May/June. ;-)
    --
    Michael MacClancy

  7. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

  8. Davep

    Davep Guest

  9. John B

    John B Guest

    davep wrote:

    > Steve McGinty wrote:
    >
    > > Results and pics
    > >
    > > http://www.cyclingnews.com/track/?id=2003/apr03/hernehillgf
    > >
    > > looked like some crowd.
    > >
    > > Stephen
    >
    > the climax to the day was the 20k "Golden Wheel" scratch. A brilliant race , perhaps it was the
    > 2500pds on offer to the winner !!

    My ten year old was jumping in the air and yelling with excitement as Chris Newton in his worlds
    jersey looked to have the 20km sown up.

    When the incredible speed of Bradley Wiggins pulled everyone up to Newton with less than half a lap
    to go, and allowed O'Grady to take the sprint he couldn't believe his eyes. "Wiggins lost it for
    Great Britain" was all I've been hearing since.

    To say he's annoyed is an understatement, although David Millar's autograph helps :)

    I've been trying to console him with the brilliant 1-2 UK over the Aussies in the Pursuit (what a
    race) and Chris Hoy in the sprint.

    It was an incredible day. Fantastc crowd, great weather and superb racing.

    John B