Hero of the 2004 TDF ???

jhuskey

Oct 6, 2003
The tour is over and I don't know what I wil do until next year except ride and watch football.Anyway last year I believe Tyler Hamilton was the all around hero of the tour. What does every one think about this year.
Lance = He obliterated the field
Landis = Gave his all for his leader with humility.
McEwen= Best sprinter in the tour maybe the world
Basso = Didn't have the team like Lance but hung strong
Voeckler= Gave it all plus.
Other=?

I am an Armstrong fan but I have to give my vote to Voeckler he red lined so many times it amazed me. The guy was in so much pain it look like me trying to climb (smaller mountains of course)If Ullrich had his motivation he would be unstoppable and be accused of DOPING probably.
What do you guys think!

jhuskey said:
The tour is over and I don't know what I wil do until next year except ride and watch football.Anyway last year I believe Tyler Hamilton was the all around hero of the tour. What does every one think about this year.
Lance = He obliterated the field
Landis = Gave his all for his leader with humility.
McEwen= Best sprinter in the tour maybe the world
Basso = Didn't have the team like Lance but hung strong
Voeckler= Gave it all plus.
Other=?

I am an Armstrong fan but I have to give my vote to Voeckler he red lined so many times it amazed me. The guy was in so much pain it look like me trying to climb (smaller mountains of course)If Ullrich had his motivation he would be unstoppable and be accused of DOPING probably.
What do you guys think!

My Money's on Voeckler. He showed great promise by keeping the Yellow Jersey longer than anyone expected. I'm sorry he ended up giving up the White Jersey as well.

Basso is a close second for me. Look out for CSC next year as they have a great team and If Basso can improve his time trialing he'll be hard to beat.

I'm a Lance fan but in my eyes he's not the hero this year.

Scott

What about Andreas Kloden?

You know.. the guy who came second? :p

hippy