Heroes - Made in Melbourne Tour 26-30 May

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by coowoowoo, May 16, 2004.

  1. coowoowoo

    coowoowoo Guest

    Has anyone been to this event before and if so what is the best day t
    go? It goes over 5 days. I assume that the sat/sun is a good day.
    have no idea

    -

    Tags:

  2. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb Guest

    coowoowoo wrote:
    > Has anyone been to this event before and if so what is the best day to
    > go? It goes over 5 days. I assume that the sat/sun is a good day. I
    > have no idea.

    Check details here, <http://www.trackcyclingworlds.com.au

    In May 2004, Melbourne will host the UCI Track Cycling Worl
    Championships at the magnificent Vodafone Arena. The event will featur
    more than 200 of the world's best in a five day display of speed
    tactics and heart stopping action as they do battle for the honour o
    the coveted World Champion's rainbow jersey

    Ticketing details
    <http://premier1.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=UCIWORLD04

    Depends what you like, ie: Sprint, Team sprint, Individual Pursuit
    Points race 40 km, Keirin, etc? We're off to the 1pm session on th
    final Sunday, can't wait to see the Madison 50 km, even though trying t
    work out the placings does my head in

    Anyway, have a read of the program details and see what you like, :
    <http://www.trackcyclingworlds.com.au/en/?id=track/program

    -

  3. NickZX6R

    NickZX6R Guest

    cfsmtb wrote:

    <snip>

    > Depends what you like, ie: Sprint, Team sprint, Individual Pursuit,
    > Points race 40 km, Keirin, etc? We're off to the 1pm session on the
    > final Sunday, can't wait to see the Madison 50 km, even though trying to
    > work out the placings does my head in!

    Me too :) Can't wait. We chose Sunday to see the Madison.

    Everyone should experience track racing close-up at least once :)

    --
    Nick

  4. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb Guest

    Breaking news on 774 ABC Radio, apparentely the Argentinian track tea
    were out training on the emergency lane on the Monash Hwy !!

    -

  5. hippy

    hippy Guest

    cfsmtb wrote:
    > Breaking news on 774 ABC Radio, apparentely the Argentinian track team
    > were out training on the emergency lane on the Monash Hwy !!!

    cfsmtb, you are SO on the dial when it comes to Melb's cycling news
    (We're not worthy...

    I just found my ticket for the Sunday session at the Worlds!! Yay!
    (Well, I didn't 'find' it, I believe it was delivered by somethin
    or someone called a "postie"...I wonder if they are related to th
    "post-it"?

    On that note, here are some fresly posted pics from the 2004 Australia
    Madison Championships (way back when..)

    http://www.thehippy.net/Cycling/AusMad04/index.htm

    hipp

    -