"He's a good rider," Bush said of Lance Armstrong

fuller

Guest
White House spokesman Trent Duffy said the group consisted of Bush,
Armstrong and about eight other cyclists, including Secret Service
personnel and White House staffers. The president led "Peloton One" on
a two-hour, 17-mile ride with a 10-minute break at the site of a
waterfall on the ranch.

"He's a good rider," Bush said of his guest as a White House
photographer took their picture, Duffy said. At the end of the ride,
Bush presented Armstrong and the other riders with T-shirts
commemorating their "Tour de Crawford."

READ: LANCE IS GOOD, NOT NOBODY IS AS GOOD AS OUR INFALLIBLE AND
PERFECT EMPEROR

fuller wrote:

> The president led "Peloton One" on
> a two-hour, 17-mile ride with a 10-minute break at the site of a
> waterfall on the ranch.

17 miles in two hours? Was it all uphill?

Al C-F wrote:
> fuller wrote:
> >
> > The president led "Peloton One" on
> > a two-hour, 17-mile ride with a 10-minute break at the site of a
> > waterfall on the ranch.
> >

> 17 miles in two hours? Was it all uphill?

Al, you Stud, you -

That's fairly typical for a mountain bike ride.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

fuller wrote:
> White House spokesman Trent Duffy said the group consisted of Bush,
> Armstrong and about eight other cyclists, including Secret Service
> personnel and White House staffers. The president led "Peloton One" on
> a two-hour, 17-mile ride with a 10-minute break at the site of a
> waterfall on the ranch.
>
> "He's a good rider," Bush said of his guest as a White House
> photographer took their picture, Duffy said. At the end of the ride,
> Bush presented Armstrong and the other riders with T-shirts
> commemorating their "Tour de Crawford."
>
> READ: LANCE IS GOOD, NOT NOBODY IS AS GOOD AS OUR INFALLIBLE AND
> PERFECT EMPEROR

Oh, bullspit. He MIGHT have just meant that Lance rode a MOUNTAIN bike
pretty well for a roadie. Or he COULD have had his tongue planted firmly in
cheek. (Afterall, who would expect a 7-time winner of the TdF to be a good
rider?)

It's the weekend. Take a day off from your biased whining...

Al C-F wrote:
> fuller wrote:
>>
>> The president led "Peloton One" on
>> a two-hour, 17-mile ride with a 10-minute break at the site of a
>> waterfall on the ranch.
>>

> 17 miles in two hours? Was it all uphill?

You've never mountain biked, have you?

[email protected] wrote:
> I keep looking at those news reports from Crawford ... sure looks
> flat.

17 miles is a pretty decent-length mountain bike ride. Unless it was ALL
fireroad (and it's not), two hours is about right.

Bill Sornson wrote:
> fuller wrote:
>
>>White House spokesman Trent Duffy said the group consisted of Bush,
>>Armstrong and about eight other cyclists, including Secret Service
>>personnel and White House staffers. The president led "Peloton One" on
>>a two-hour, 17-mile ride with a 10-minute break at the site of a
>>waterfall on the ranch.
>>
>>"He's a good rider," Bush said of his guest as a White House
>>photographer took their picture, Duffy said. At the end of the ride,
>>Bush presented Armstrong and the other riders with T-shirts
>>commemorating their "Tour de Crawford."
>>
>>READ: LANCE IS GOOD, NOT NOBODY IS AS GOOD AS OUR INFALLIBLE AND
>>PERFECT EMPEROR

> Oh, bullspit. He MIGHT have just meant that Lance rode a MOUNTAIN bike
> pretty well for a roadie. Or he COULD have had his tongue planted firmly in
> cheek. (Afterall, who would expect a 7-time winner of the TdF to be a good
> rider?)
>
> It's the weekend. Take a day off from your biased whining...

YEAH! How dare those humorless poopyheads make a joke about our
Fearless Leader! It really makes me mad that those liberals can't take
a joke and don't understand humor! I'm so angry, I think I'll go punch
my Al Franken doll. I only wish it was the real thing!

"Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> fuller wrote:
>> White House spokesman Trent Duffy said the group consisted of Bush,
>> Armstrong and about eight other cyclists, including Secret Service
>> personnel and White House staffers. The president led "Peloton One" on
>> a two-hour, 17-mile ride with a 10-minute break at the site of a
>> waterfall on the ranch.
>>
>> "He's a good rider," Bush said of his guest as a White House
>> photographer took their picture, Duffy said. At the end of the ride,
>> Bush presented Armstrong and the other riders with T-shirts
>> commemorating their "Tour de Crawford."
>>
>> READ: LANCE IS GOOD, NOT NOBODY IS AS GOOD AS OUR INFALLIBLE AND
>> PERFECT EMPEROR

> Oh, bullspit. He MIGHT have just meant that Lance rode a MOUNTAIN bike
> pretty well for a roadie. Or he COULD have had his tongue planted firmly
> in cheek. (Afterall, who would expect a 7-time winner of the TdF to be a
> good rider?)
>
> It's the weekend. Take a day off from your biased whining...

I can remember when John Kerry rode his Soretta around a parking lot, it was
a big deal, all these folks thought he was the greatest biker in the world.

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 12:47:17 -0700, Tim Lines <[email protected]>
wrote:

>YEAH! How dare those humorless poopyheads make a joke about our
>Fearless Leader! It really makes me mad that those liberals can't take
>a joke and don't understand humor! I'm so angry, I think I'll go punch
>my Al Franken doll. I only wish it was the real thing!

I'm confused. Are we talking about Armstrong, our leader. Or Bushy,
our leader?

Tim Lines wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:
>> fuller wrote:
>>
>>> White House spokesman Trent Duffy said the group consisted of Bush,
>>> Armstrong and about eight other cyclists, including Secret Service
>>> personnel and White House staffers. The president led "Peloton One"
>>> on a two-hour, 17-mile ride with a 10-minute break at the site of a
>>> waterfall on the ranch.
>>>
>>> "He's a good rider," Bush said of his guest as a White House
>>> photographer took their picture, Duffy said. At the end of the ride,
>>> Bush presented Armstrong and the other riders with T-shirts
>>> commemorating their "Tour de Crawford."
>>>
>>> READ: LANCE IS GOOD, NOT NOBODY IS AS GOOD AS OUR INFALLIBLE AND
>>> PERFECT EMPEROR

>> Oh, bullspit. He MIGHT have just meant that Lance rode a MOUNTAIN
>> bike pretty well for a roadie. Or he COULD have had his tongue
>> planted firmly in cheek. (Afterall, who would expect a 7-time
>> winner of the TdF to be a good rider?)
>>
>> It's the weekend. Take a day off from your biased whining...
>>

> YEAH! How dare those humorless poopyheads make a joke about our
> Fearless Leader! It really makes me mad that those liberals can't
> take a joke and don't understand humor! I'm so angry, I think I'll
> go punch my Al Franken doll. I only wish it was the real thing!

"Fuller" quoted an article and then added his interpretation. (That's what
"Read:" means when used like that.) If it was intended as a good-natured
poke, then your point is taken. However, he used all caps and a derogatory
term ("emperor" -- quite similar to all the "American Imperialism" rhetoric
thrown around lately), so I'm guessing he was serious (read: ANGRY).

You can still bop Franken for {the good of mankind} me, though.

<eg>

fuller <[email protected]> wrote:

>White House spokesman Trent Duffy said the group consisted of Bush,
>Armstrong and about eight other cyclists, including Secret Service
>personnel and White House staffers. The president led "Peloton One" on
>a two-hour, 17-mile ride with a 10-minute break at the site of a
>waterfall on the ranch.
>
>"He's a good rider," Bush said of his guest as a White House
>photographer took their picture, Duffy said. At the end of the ride,
>Bush presented Armstrong and the other riders with T-shirts
>commemorating their "Tour de Crawford."
>
>READ: LANCE IS GOOD, NOT NOBODY IS AS GOOD AS OUR INFALLIBLE AND
>PERFECT EMPEROR

All hail the conquering Fred in Chief!

--Blair
"Can I take off my arm-band now?"

di <[email protected]> wrote:
>I can remember when John Kerry rode his Soretta around a parking lot, it was
>a big deal, all these folks thought he was the greatest biker in the world.

Then you remember falsely about John Kerry and his Serotta and
what people's opinions were.

--Blair
"Unless you're being facetious too..."

"Blair P. Houghton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> di <[email protected]> wrote:
>>I can remember when John Kerry rode his Soretta around a parking lot, it
>>was
>>a big deal, all these folks thought he was the greatest biker in the
>>world.

> Then you remember falsely about John Kerry and his Serotta and
> what people's opinions were.
>
> --Blair

Don't think so

di wrote:

> I can remember when John Kerry rode his Soretta around a parking lot, it was
> a big deal, all these folks thought he was the greatest biker in the world.

I couldn't find that thread. Can you post a link to it?

Oh ****. Now I'm confused. I thought Kurgan was our leader.

Tim Lines wrote:

> Oh ****. Now I'm confused. I thought Kurgan was our leader.

I liked the comment on fark...ride went well except for the awkward moon
landing conversation...

--
IT Management. Tel: +64 3 479 5478
Web and database hosting, Co-location. Web: http://www.wic.co.nz

Stu Fleming wrote:
> Tim Lines wrote:
>
>> Oh ****. Now I'm confused. I thought Kurgan was our leader.

> I liked the comment on fark...ride went well except for the awkward moon
> landing conversation...

Wow. I had no idea what you were talking about, so I googled "fark".
That's a great site!

On 21 Aug 2005 16:07:36 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>I guess I'm old school, cause I think you need a mountain too ;-)

that's not "old school" thinking, that's "short bus" thinking.