He's back !

zipp2001

Mar 30, 2007
Well about 3 weeks go I did a call out of a friend to come join me for some fun riding in the woods. He responded pretty quick and we went out an did about an 1 1/2. So I get a called Wednesday night asking if he could come over and ride Friday afternoon. Works for me and we rolled out for 2 1/2 and I think he's going to pull the trigger on a bike soon. Always good introducing other to all the fun.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR8Z6bXtSUg

I felt like I was being alluded to with this topic because I have been on a long sabbatical already in my riding. For those who don’t know, I have an injury on my right calf that when I engage in a heavy physical activity, a mouse would appear on that calf and would stay for a day or 2. It is scary because it is obviously a swollen muscle. I had consulted several physicians and they are in unison with prohibiting me from riding. But I have some plans to come back to the road.

I felt like I was being alluded to with this topic because I have been on a long sabbatical already in my riding. For those who don’t know, I have an injury on my right calf that when I engage in a heavy physical activity, a mouse would appear on that calf and would stay for a day or 2. It is scary because it is obviously a swollen muscle. I had consulted several physicians and they are in unison with prohibiting me from riding. But I have some plans to come back to the road.

I hope they are able to find what's causing the issue with your calf, and your able to ride soon.

I think you found the cause...somehow a mouse go into your leg, that can't be good.

Anyway follow the docs plan and you'll be riding soon.

How did that come about anyway? were you riding too much before your body was ready?

While I appreciate the excitement of a casual ride in the woods, as a high-velocity cycling expert, I can't help but advocate for more intense training. If your friend is truly considering purchasing a bike, I'd recommend guiding him towards time trials or criteriums, where he can fully experience the adrenaline rush of speed optimization and aerodynamics. After all, isn't that what makes cycling truly thrilling?

Great to hear about your friend getting into cycling! To support his new interest, consider these tips:

1. Start with short, frequent rides to build endurance.
2. Gradually increase distance and intensity.
3. Ensure proper bike fit for comfort and injury prevention.
4. Incorporate strength training to improve power and efficiency.
5. Maintain a well-balanced, plant-based diet for optimal performance.

Have fun exploring the woods!