He's in for some fun !

zipp2001

Mar 30, 2007
I had a friend call me today asking if I was interested in selling one of my road bikes. I let him use my grampy road bike (Giant Defy 3) last year for a couple of weeks because he was thinking he'd like to buy a road bike and wanted to get a feel for it. He has only ever ridden a hybrid bike on bike paths and trails. Once I fitted him correctly and did a little adjustment ride with him he took the bike home. He returned the bike after the two weeks and said he had fun but was intimidated by all the cars flying by him. I figured that was the end of that experiment for him until he called today asking about the bike. I asked what about the cars on the road, and he asked if I would ride with him to help him get more comfortable with riding on the road. He then said that his goal was to do one of my Wall rides with me. I told him he doesn't know what he's getting into, and I hope his wife is understanding. So it looks like another bike leaves the stable, that makes 6 bikes in the last 4 years gone. I only used the Defy with a trailer to take my 2 grand buddies for rides, but they now graduated to balance bikes for this season so it's good that it will be used instead of hanging in the basement.