He's lucky he doesn't live in the US...

Discussion in 'Doping in Cycling' started by tonyzackery, Dec 18, 2009.

1. tonyzackery

tonyzackery Well-Known Member

Tags:

2. jamie72

jamie72 New Member

I dunno. Michael Phelps gets away with it.

3. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Jones was convicted in a court of law in the USA.
    It was a criminal trial, wasn't it?

Ullrich's been tied in to the Fuentes investigation, but he has not been charged/convicted in a court of law.

This Fuentes story rumbles on.

4. tonyzackery

Perjury is a crime and I'm fairly certain Ullrich has lied under oath at some point in his being investigated for drug use. I have to imagine he has given depositions numerous times with regard to his involvement in various doping allegations...

In the US, if the authorities want to get you on something, they'll find a way...

5. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

... you mean like the biggest "doping" story in US sports - Barry Bonds. It's been what, 3 years and they still can't get him into court but have all but destroyed his career.

6. tonyzackery

and like Roger "The Dodger" Clemens...that's why I said "maybe not"...with Bonds' the authorities got what they really wanted - to get Bonds out of baseball and to ruin his career...mission accomplished...

7. King Plum

King Plum New Member

I enjoy the Olympics, I take pride in always wanting fair play to win over all things.

But our runners and not just our runners in track and marathon, I wonder about and don't really trust them. If it's too good to be true...but our ice hockey team, etc. I feel confident in that they are relatively clean athletes.

You all named baseball and track, a long with cycling, these sports have always had a lot of treachery involved, I don't want to say more than other sports but they always have and even when it is great if the Saints win the Super Bowl, there must be enough long term drug use, steroid use in the NFL that I kind of think those results are tainted. Maybe it's everywhere.