He's Retained Counsel

Richard Sachs wrote:
>> http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/9724.0.html
>>

> i'm still waiting to hear what the ochomaniacs
> feel will be the positive to come from all this.

Anyone remember this? This is what he said the last
time there was a purge:

http://truesport.com/Bike/1999/usacrebut2.htm

JAMES L. OCHOWICZ, USPRO "What an unbelievable opportunity
we all now have to grow the sport of cycling into the next
century. The new by-laws enable USA Cycling to better serve
the needs of its membership, rather than its own self
interests. USA Cycling, its staff and leadership can now
focus its time and energy in a productive manner to benefit
all its members, sponsors and affiliates. "

This is what one rbr wag had to say about this, in retrospect:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/msg/73449bd0fb374377?hl=en&

Bob Schwartz

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:27:50 GMT, "Richard Sachs"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/9724.0.html
>>

>i'm still waiting to hear what the ochomaniacs
>feel will be the positive to come from all this.

Are they allowed by Och to post on rbr? That would require that they
frequent an uncontrolled (if not untrolled) environment.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

"Curtis L. Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:27:50 GMT, "Richard Sachs"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>"B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>> http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/9724.0.html
>>>

>>i'm still waiting to hear what the ochomaniacs
>>feel will be the positive to come from all this.
>>

> Are they allowed by Och to post on rbr? That would require that they
> frequent an uncontrolled (if not untrolled) environment.
>
> Curtis L. Russell
> Odenton, MD (USA)
> Just someone on two wheels...

i guess what i mean is - is there anyone from amongst
the licensed rider group that can support the bs that
went down last week? gerard seems to have the support
of everyone except the foundation guys.

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 19:22:39 GMT, "Richard Sachs"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>i guess what i mean is - is there anyone from amongst
>the licensed rider group that can support the bs that
>went down last week? gerard seems to have the support
>of everyone except the foundation guys.

Wonder what the split is at the Foundation. I'm guessing there have to
be a few that are pretty disgusted. One letter writer didn't
particularly like Gerard on that page you posted, but that is probably
as close to support as Ochs will get. Of course, Magilla and at least
one of the Crit Pros will support him just to be contrary.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Curtis L. Russell wrote:
> Wonder what the split is at the Foundation. I'm guessing there have to
> be a few that are pretty disgusted.

I thought the Foundation was a wholly owned subsidiary of
ThomCo, just like USAC.

Bob Schwartz

"Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Curtis L. Russell wrote:
>> Wonder what the split is at the Foundation. I'm guessing there have to
>> be a few that are pretty disgusted.

> I thought the Foundation was a wholly owned subsidiary of
> ThomCo, just like USAC.
>
> Bob Schwartz

potm yo

Richard Sachs wrote:
> "Curtis L. Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:27:50 GMT, "Richard Sachs"
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >

> >>"B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >>news:[email protected]...
> >>>

> >>i'm still waiting to hear what the ochomaniacs
> >>feel will be the positive to come from all this.
> >>

> > Are they allowed by Och to post on rbr? That would require that they
> > frequent an uncontrolled (if not untrolled) environment.
> >
> > Curtis L. Russell
> > Odenton, MD (USA)
> > Just someone on two wheels...

> i guess what i mean is - is there anyone from amongst
> the licensed rider group that can support the bs that
> went down last week? gerard seems to have the support
> of everyone except the foundation guys.

And he earned it with me at least. I ripped the **** out of his being
given the job here, and them as a whole. He e-mailed me and we had one
hell of an "interesting" discussion, that came down to "Give me a
chance and see what happens.". We've corresponded from time to time
after that, and talked on some issues. He was everything he said he was
going to be, with the exception of the Amber Neben deal. Maybe we can
finally get the truth about that.
I'm pretty tough to convince, and pretty cynical, but he definitely
made one hell of an effort, and mostly succeeded in living up to what
he said he was going to do. He brought some really good people on
board, and like him, they are accessible to us rabble when we need
something.
Bill C

"Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Richard Sachs wrote:
>> i guess what i mean is - is there anyone from amongst
>> the licensed rider group that can support the bs that
>> went down last week? gerard seems to have the support
>> of everyone except the foundation guys.

> And he earned it with me at least. I ripped the **** out of his being
> given the job here, and them as a whole. He e-mailed me and we had one
> hell of an "interesting" discussion, that came down to "Give me a
> chance and see what happens.". We've corresponded from time to time
> after that, and talked on some issues. He was everything he said he was
> going to be, with the exception of the Amber Neben deal. Maybe we can
> finally get the truth about that.
> I'm pretty tough to convince, and pretty cynical, but he definitely
> made one hell of an effort, and mostly succeeded in living up to what
> he said he was going to do. He brought some really good people on
> board, and like him, they are accessible to us rabble when we need
> something.
> Bill C

did you get that mass email mailing from steve johnson an hour ago?

Richard Sachs wrote:
> "Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Richard Sachs wrote:
> >> i guess what i mean is - is there anyone from amongst
> >> the licensed rider group that can support the bs that
> >> went down last week? gerard seems to have the support
> >> of everyone except the foundation guys.

> > And he earned it with me at least. I ripped the **** out of his being
> > given the job here, and them as a whole. He e-mailed me and we had one
> > hell of an "interesting" discussion, that came down to "Give me a
> > chance and see what happens.". We've corresponded from time to time
> > after that, and talked on some issues. He was everything he said he was
> > going to be, with the exception of the Amber Neben deal. Maybe we can
> > finally get the truth about that.
> > I'm pretty tough to convince, and pretty cynical, but he definitely
> > made one hell of an effort, and mostly succeeded in living up to what
> > he said he was going to do. He brought some really good people on
> > board, and like him, they are accessible to us rabble when we need
> > something.
> > Bill C
> >

> did you get that mass email mailing from steve johnson an hour ago?

No, but I just sent off my renewal before this broke, since I'm still
not racing, or working until next week at UVM.
Anything interesting or just more BS?
Bill C

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:51:16 -0500, Bob Schwartz
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Richard Sachs wrote:
>> "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/9724.0.html
>>>

>> i'm still waiting to hear what the ochomaniacs
>> feel will be the positive to come from all this.

>Anyone remember this? This is what he said the last
>time there was a purge:
>
>http://truesport.com/Bike/1999/usacrebut2.htm
>
>JAMES L. OCHOWICZ, USPRO "What an unbelievable opportunity
>we all now have to grow the sport of cycling into the next
>century. The new by-laws enable USA Cycling to better serve
>the needs of its membership, rather than its own self
>interests. USA Cycling, its staff and leadership can now
>focus its time and energy in a productive manner to benefit
>all its members, sponsors and affiliates. "

That reads just like the email I got today.

Yada, yada ya ya yah.

Ron

I have to go get my computer sanitzed; it smells like ******** after
getting that e-mail.

Alan

Bill C wrote:
> Anything interesting or just more BS?

Here it is. I sent a response back to the originating email
([email protected]). Wonder if a human reads it.

**

Dear Fellow Cyclists,

In light of the recent change in management at USA Cycling, I would
like to assure all of you that we intend to stay the course with our
current programs and will continue to work on many new, exciting
programs and member benefits. The real strength of USA Cycling comes
from you, our members, working together with your Local Associations
and promoters, along with our dedicated staff, to grow and improve
American cycling. In fact, many of the recent improvements, from the
Local Association and NORBA promoter incentive programs to the
enhancements of the website to the creation of effective new athlete
programs, have been staff-driven initiatives. Over the past few
years, USA Cycling has augmented the staff, encouraged their creativity
and supported their ideas in order to serve you better.

As someone who has been intimately involved in all of the changes you
have seen over the past several years, I can assure you that I am
absolutely committed to supporting you - the members of USA Cycling -
and expanding all of the great programs you have come to know and
appreciate. I firmly believe the management of local cycling belongs
and should remain with the local cycling community working with your
Local Associations and Promoter Groups; that continuing to seed and
support the grassroots and lowering the barriers to participation in
our sport is essential to our continued success; that the success of
American athletes at the top-levels of International cycling across all
disciplines fuels excitement in our sport and drives participation at
every level; that Collegiate Cycling is a tremendously important and
untapped opportunity to identify the next generation of cycling
champions while creating thousands of life-long participants; and that
the continued development of our programs for women, juniors, masters,
officials, coaches and mechanics will be critical to the growth of
American cycling.

I also happen to believe that cycling is the greatest sport in the
world. I have been a cycling competitor, enthusiast and consumer for
over 30 years and have participated in virtually every aspect of our
sport. I would like you to know that I will do everything that I can
to ensure that American cycling continues to thrive and grow; and it is
to that end that I pledge my absolute commitment.

In the days ahead, I look forward to working together with you to grow
this, the world's greatest sport!

Steve Johnson, Acting CEO

He makes a cogent argument why USAC is not needed at all at the local level.