Het Volk picks

Bro Deal

Jun 26, 2006
Cycling news has the start list.

I think I have to go with Cancellara. Aside from his let down in the ToC's ITT, he is in good form.

Bro Deal said:
Cycling news has the start list.

I think I have to go with Cancellara. Aside from his let down in the ToC's ITT, he is in good form.
I am gonna go with a Pozzato back to back.

Vaitkus - in form. Astana need it.

Eisel - in form.

In case of small breakaway

Gilbert
Sylv Chavanel
Burghardt

Going to do more research but Vaitkus, Eisel, Gilbert and Chavanel are my leans.

Van Petegem, Capiot or Plankaert....hang on, what year is this again?

limerickman said:
Arvesen is not in very good shape (and would not have won it anyway). But another norwegian, Hushovd, would be a good guess.

But I'll stick with the obvious: Boonen, with Steegmans as a second guess.

RAGT said:
Arvesen is not in very good shape (and would not have won it anyway). But another norwegian, Hushovd, would be a good guess.

But I'll stick with the obvious: Boonen, with Steegmans as a second guess.

I'm a Kurt Arversen fan!

Hushovd's a shrewd choice.

Doesn't Steegmans know the final few km's well? He's won there before? He is

Hammond. Interesting choice. I thought he would ride for the team but maybe they might have him as the main man.

Grater said:
Doesn't Steegmans know the final few km's well? He's won there before? He is

Hammond. Interesting choice. I thought he would ride for the team but maybe they might have him as the main man.
the problem with Steegmans and Weylandt, they would have to get lucky and get in a break, or mark a dangerous move late, because in a sprint they will be working for Tommeke.

Now don't believe Tommeke's wish to give a win to Steegmans to reward him. He will always ride for the win if he has the legs.

Boonen couldn't come around Steegmans last time he was leading out towards the same finish line, but he (Steegmans) would not make that mistake again.

But yes, Steegmans and Weylandt have those problems. On the other hand, there lies some possibilities in the fact that Tom will be very heavily marked. Besides, they can use the "my captain is in not in this group"-excuse to save strenght in any group except if the're with Boonen.

Okay thanks for that information.

I'll rule out Steegmans from my choice.

I'm liking any of the following to win or podium.

Gilbert, Sylv Chav, Eisel and Vaitkus