Hey am I the only one who likes lycra?

Lycra is cool. Its been around a long time. Not just bike shorts either are made of it. It feels good. I hadn't thought about that. It does actually. Very comfortable and it does look good. You can see the body's shape.

I wear lycra because they are comfortable but there are days that I do not feel confident especially when there are people you find ogling somewhere. Makes me feel conscious about my body and I do not like that kind of attention so I would rather grab a regular shorts

I was at 1st sceptical about wearing any as I was worried how it would look. I even had over shorts when I 1st started wearing Lycra bottoms. Now however I wear nothing but Lycra and actually like it a lot. Like how its tight but everything breaths and keeps me cool while riding. Plus if you get to follow the right person you can have a nice view for your ride as well! :D :p

I have never worn lycra and nor do I intend to any time soon.

Just give me a simple pair of jogging bottoms and a simple t-shirt and that's me sorted. :)

I don't wear lycra to impress people. I wear it because it's the right tool for the job. Doing 100 miles in gym shorts with seams is a killer.

Asking me to wear anything else on a long ride would be like asking me to wear latex gloves instead of leather gloves while digging a ditch. :huh:

I'm not a big fan of the thin lycra stuff, but that's mainly because I'm a bit self-conscious and don't like the feeling of something quite that form fitting. I usually wear workout leggings instead, since the material tends to be a bit thicker, with a baggy tank top or t-shirt of some sort. I'm not a serious enough cyclist that what I wear makes much of a difference to my ride, so I mainly just aim for comfort.

I used to know someone who always went mountain biking in a pair of jeans with a tucked in button up shirt and a big belt buckle and cowboy type boots and I always thought that he must be sooo uncomfortable.