Hey, Dams! How's your torsk?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Melba's Jammin', Mar 12, 2005.

  1. Pictures of mine just posted to my website. I overcooked it a little
    bit, but it wasn't bad. Thank God for broccoli -- elsewise, that
    could've been pretty colorless! I used the allspice, bay, peppercorns,
    and vinegar in the cooking water (it was one of the suggestions from
    that page I posted yesterday).
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Sweet Potato Follies added 2/24/05.

  2. Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]>, if that's their real name,
    wrote:

    >Pictures of mine just posted to my website.

    Looks like a good meal!

    I took mine out of the freezer, and discovered in the process that it was
    haddock, not cod. They're thick slabs of fish, so I'll cook them tomorrow.
    Nothing like medium-rare fish because the center was still frozen.
    {{shudder}}

    Thanks for sharing!
    Carol

  3. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

    Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > Pictures of mine just posted to my website. I overcooked it a little

    > bit, but it wasn't bad. Thank God for broccoli -- elsewise, that
    > could've been pretty colorless!

    But you're supposed to sprinkle... with paprika n' dill... and garnish
    with lemon wedges.

    Sheldon

  4. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > > Pictures of mine just posted to my website. I overcooked it a little

    > > bit, but it wasn't bad. Thank God for broccoli -- elsewise, that
    > > could've been pretty colorless!

    > But you're supposed to sprinkle... with paprika n' dill... and garnish
    > with lemon wedges.
    >
    > Sheldon

    Didn't think of it. Would've been good.
    --