Hey Fagerlin...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by darsh, Oct 17, 2004.

  1. darsh

    darsh Guest

    I sure am getting a lot of strange emails "from you" lately. The addy that
    comes with the mail is: [email protected]. It has (unknown) a virus
    attached.

    Got two this morning....two yesterday... one the day before....

    Anything to do with you other than you name? paradigmhosting.com? As I
    write this it seems to have happened before....

    darsh

    The original e-mail attachment "You_will_answer_to_me.vbs"
    was believed to be infected by a virus and has been replaced by this warning
    message.

    Due to limitations placed on us by the Regulation of Investigatory Powers
    Act 2000, we were unable to keep a copy of the infected attachment. Please
    ask the sender of the message to disinfect their original version and send
    you a clean copy.

    At Sun Oct 17 06:03:12 2004 the virus scanner said:
    F-Prot: You_will_answer_to_me.vbs Infection: VBS/[email protected]
    MailScanner: Visual Basic Scripts are dangerous in email
    (You_will_answer_to_me.vbs)

    --
    Postmaster

    Mailscanner thanks transtec Computers for their support

    Tags:

  2. darsh wrote:
    > I sure am getting a lot of strange emails "from you" lately. The
    > addy that comes with the mail is: [email protected]. It has
    > (unknown) a virus attached.
    >
    > Got two this morning....two yesterday... one the day before....
    >
    > Anything to do with you other than you name? paradigmhosting.com?
    > As I write this it seems to have happened before....
    >
    > darsh
    >
    > The original e-mail attachment "You_will_answer_to_me.vbs"
    > was believed to be infected by a virus and has been replaced by this
    > warning message.

    Man, I opened one of those .vbs things once, and it ate all the pics (gifs,
    bmps, etc.) on my 'puter. Even all my icons turned into little placard
    thingies.

    Bill "and then, the SECOND time I clicked on it..." S.

  3. JD

    JD Guest

    "B i l l S o r n s o n" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > darsh wrote:
    > > I sure am getting a lot of strange emails "from you" lately. The
    > > addy that comes with the mail is: [email protected]. It has
    > > (unknown) a virus attached.
    > >
    > > Got two this morning....two yesterday... one the day before....
    > >
    > > Anything to do with you other than you name? paradigmhosting.com?
    > > As I write this it seems to have happened before....
    > >
    > > darsh
    > >
    > > The original e-mail attachment "You_will_answer_to_me.vbs"
    > > was believed to be infected by a virus and has been replaced by this
    > > warning message.

    > Man, I opened one of those .vbs things once, and it ate all the pics (gifs,
    > bmps, etc.) on my 'puter. Even all my icons turned into little placard
    > thingies.
    >
    > Bill "and then, the SECOND time I clicked on it..." S.

    He doesn't use that old email address anymore. It sounds like some
    lifeless hacker is just having their jollies.

    BTW Darsh, getting the snowbike out yet?

    JD

  4. darsh wrote:
    > I sure am getting a lot of strange emails "from you" lately. The addy that
    > comes with the mail is: [email protected]. It has (unknown) a virus
    > attached.
    >
    > Got two this morning....two yesterday... one the day before....
    >
    > Anything to do with you other than you name? paradigmhosting.com? As I
    > write this it seems to have happened before....
    >
    > darsh
    >
    > The original e-mail attachment "You_will_answer_to_me.vbs"
    > was believed to be infected by a virus and has been replaced by this warning
    > message.
    >
    > Due to limitations placed on us by the Regulation of Investigatory Powers
    > Act 2000, we were unable to keep a copy of the infected attachment. Please
    > ask the sender of the message to disinfect their original version and send
    > you a clean copy.
    >
    > At Sun Oct 17 06:03:12 2004 the virus scanner said:
    > F-Prot: You_will_answer_to_me.vbs Infection: VBS/[email protected]
    > MailScanner: Visual Basic Scripts are dangerous in email
    > (You_will_answer_to_me.vbs)

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]

  5. darsh

    darsh Guest

    > "B i l l S o r n s o n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >> darsh wrote:
    >> > I sure am getting a lot of strange emails "from you" lately. The
    >> > addy that comes with the mail is: [email protected]. It has
    >> > (unknown) a virus attached.
    >> >
    >> > Got two this morning....two yesterday... one the day before....
    >> >
    >> > Anything to do with you other than you name? paradigmhosting.com?
    >> > As I write this it seems to have happened before....
    >> >
    >> > darsh
    >> > ___________________________________________________________
    >> >
    >> > The original e-mail attachment "You_will_answer_to_me.vbs"
    >> > was believed to be infected by a virus and has been replaced by this
    >> > warning message.

    >> Man, I opened one of those .vbs things once, and it ate all the pics
    >> (gifs,
    >> bmps, etc.) on my 'puter. Even all my icons turned into little placard
    >> thingies.
    >>
    >> Bill "and then, the SECOND time I clicked on it..." S.

    > He doesn't use that old email address anymore. It sounds like some
    > lifeless hacker is just having their jollies.

    Oh well. I just wondered. I guess if he doesn't care, then I certainly
    don't. His symantec link is sort of funny to me I guess.

    > BTW Darsh, getting the snowbike out yet?

    It is out! Making some new axles tomorrow for a fresh season. This should
    be a big, big year. Just gotta start slow and stay healthy. Maybe I will
    put a pic up after I get the axles done...

    Snowing here now!

    darsh

  6. darsh wrote:
    > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]

    >>He doesn't use that old email address anymore. It sounds like some
    >>lifeless hacker is just having their jollies.

    > Oh well. I just wondered. I guess if he doesn't care, then I certainly
    > don't. His symantec link is sort of funny to me I guess.

    Read the link again.

    It explains how the virus works.

    In short, someone has an infected machine with my
    old email address in their address book, or a web
    page cache.

    The virus uses those addresses to spoof, and cause
    confusion.

    Apparently it succeeded.

  7. darsh

    darsh Guest

    "p e t e f a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]
    > darsh wrote:
    >> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]

    >>>He doesn't use that old email address anymore. It sounds like some
    >>>lifeless hacker is just having their jollies.

    >> Oh well. I just wondered. I guess if he doesn't care, then I certainly
    >> don't. His symantec link is sort of funny to me I guess.

    > Read the link again.
    >
    > It explains how the virus works.
    >
    > In short, someone has an infected machine with my old email address in
    > their address book, or a web page cache.
    >
    > The virus uses those addresses to spoof, and cause confusion.
    >
    > Apparently it succeeded.

    I suppose Pete. I just thought it was funny that I started getting them
    again after several years. Hence the humor in it all, but nevermind. The
    humor was lost. Anyway, it is not my name going to random and not-so-random
    mailboxes.