Hey fatheads!!! Dr. Atkins was overweight, had heart problems: report

Bill Case

Guest
Dr. Atkins was overweight, had heart problems: report

NEW YORK, Feb 10 (AFP) - A medical examiner's report into the death of Dr. Robert Atkins, whose
diet has catapulted fat into fashion, indicated he had a history of heart failure, a US newspaper
said Tuesday.

The New York medical examiner's report into Atkins's death said he had a history of heart attack,
congestive heart failure and hypertension, the Wall Street Journal said. Atkins weighed 258 pounds
(117 kilograms) when he slipped on ice while walking to work in April of last year, the paper said.

And this has what to do with the validity (or lack thereof) of this hypotheses?

Jeff

"Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> And this has what to do with the validity (or lack thereof) of this hypotheses?

Logically, nothing; psycho-dynamically, everything. People are seizing upon this story because they
can't cope with the various kinds of *anxiety* that Atkins and his work arouses within them.

M.

As it has already been proven, the reason for Dr. Atkins weight gain was not due to his diet. Not
much more to be said on the subject.

Curt

Free Email Newsletter: Click on the Link to Subscribe The best information to help you achieve
optimal health Workouts, diet information, and special offers and more
http://www.physicallyelite.com/newsletter.cfm

"Bill Case" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Dr. Atkins was overweight, had heart problems: report
>
> NEW YORK, Feb 10 (AFP) - A medical examiner's report into the death of Dr. Robert Atkins, whose
> diet has catapulted fat into fashion, indicated he had a history of heart failure, a US newspaper
> said Tuesday.
>
> The New York medical examiner's report into Atkins's death said he had a history of heart attack,
> congestive heart failure and hypertension, the Wall Street Journal said. Atkins weighed 258
> pounds (117 kilograms) when he slipped on ice while walking to work in April of last year, the
> paper said.

"Curt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> As it has already been proven, the reason for Dr. Atkins weight gain was not due to his diet. Not
> much more to be said on the subject.

Sure fathead. Then it should be easy to come up with retractions from the papers that reported him
weighing 258 AT the time of his accident.

Only an imbecile thinks people increase their body weight by 1/3 (63 pds) due to fluids in the
hospital. Also, his debating opponent stated that in recent years he saw Atkins when he was obese.

Heart problems due to viral infaction? Sure, just coincidental that this rare disease hit Atkins the
high fat advocate... sure sure.

You're doing great blockage brain.. hahahahaahahahahahahaah . Have a scoop of lard on your double
bacon cheesberger butter brain ahahahahahaha

> Curt
>
> Free Email Newsletter: Click on the Link to Subscribe The best information to help you achieve
> optimal health Workouts, diet information, and special offers and more
> http://www.physicallyelite.com/newsletter.cfm
>
> "Bill Case" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Dr. Atkins was overweight, had heart problems: report
> >
> > NEW YORK, Feb 10 (AFP) - A medical examiner's report into the death of
Dr.
> > Robert Atkins, whose diet has catapulted fat into fashion, indicated he
had
> > a history of heart failure, a US newspaper said Tuesday.
> >
> > The New York medical examiner's report into Atkins's death said he had a history of heart
> > attack, congestive heart failure and hypertension, the
Wall
> > Street Journal said. Atkins weighed 258 pounds (117 kilograms) when he slipped on ice while
> > walking to work in April of last year, the paper said.

EXACTLY!!!

Many people are still Atkins zealots regardless of the truth :(

Trent

-- Look and Feel Great! FREE weight loss and anti-aging group. Join now @

> From: "Bill Case" <[email protected]> Organization: EarthLink Inc. -- http://www.EarthLink.net
> Newsgroups: sci.med.nutrition Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 01:37:02 GMT Subject: Hey fatheads!!! Dr.
> Atkins was overweight, had heart problems: report
>
> Dr. Atkins was overweight, had heart problems: report
>
> NEW YORK, Feb 10 (AFP) - A medical examiner's report into the death of Dr. Robert Atkins, whose
> diet has catapulted fat into fashion, indicated he had a history of heart failure, a US newspaper
> said Tuesday.
>
> The New York medical examiner's report into Atkins's death said he had a history of heart attack,
> congestive heart failure and hypertension, the Wall Street Journal said. Atkins weighed 258
> pounds (117 kilograms) when he slipped on ice while walking to work in April of last year, the
> paper said.

Funny thing is, I have yet to see a cardiologist that isn't
overweight either.

Atkins' diet can trigger gout Stephen Khan

Diet plans that aim at shedding weight quickly can
precipitate gout IN the nineteenth century it allowed
cartoonists to poke fun at portly old gents with
throbbing big toes. Now, however, gout is no laughing
matter for a growing band of much younger men and
women and the Atkins' diet may be behind some of the
new cases.

Rates of the incurable condition, once synonymous with
outrageous, upper-class over-indulgence have more than
doubled since the 1950s, in UK at least, and experts are
predicting a further surge as more people enjoy excessive
lifestyles at an early age.

While carrying too much weight greatly increases the risk
of gout, shedding weight quickly can also spark the
condition. Rapid action weight loss plans such as the
Atkins' diet, which cut out entire food groups, are already
precipitating attacks.

Gout strikes when uric acid builds up in the body to such an
extent that the kidneys are unable to flush it out. The acid
crystallises, then collects around joints. In 70 per cent of
cases the first area hit is the big toe, to which crystals
are drawn by gravity.

Gout can cause excruciating pain and lack of mobility.
Eventually, crystal build-up can wear down joints to such an
extent that they are rendered useless.

Famous victims of the arthritic condition include numerous
Dickens characters along with real-life sufferers King Henry
VIII, Alfred Lord Tennyson, Immanuel Kant, Samuel Johnson
and Thomas Jefferson. Another, Benjamin Franklin, described
it as an enemy which "would not only torment my body to
death, but ruin my good name"- such was gout's association
with alcohol.

Ian Phillips doesn't drink any more. He's only 30, but the
security guard at London-Heathrow airport has been plagued
by gout for seven years. "I was 23 when it began," he said.
"I thought I had a broken ankle, or perhaps a sprain. But
the pain was too extreme for that. It went undiagnosed for
four years. When the tests came in I couldn't believe it. I
thought, 'How have I got gout? That's a disease rich old
folk get.'" Phillips had a fairly stable diet and hadn't
touched alcohol since the age of 20, but for four years
beforehand he'd been in the Royal Navy and admits to having
drunk heavily. Often, though, there is a hereditary factor
and Phillips's grandfather was also a sufferer. When he was
diagnosed, Phillips was teased by friends, but since then
his condition has worsened and they have seen just how
debilitating a condition it can be. "The pain is hard to
describe. I'm a
1.88-metre doorman and security guard, but it has had me
in tears."

"tcomeau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Pouta) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Funny thing is, I have yet to see a cardiologist that
> > isn't overweight
either.