Hey Gemma!

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by flyingdutch, May 6, 2004.

  1. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch Guest

    Noice letter in the latest Australian Cyclist :D

    cant help you with the lend of 'Boras' tho

    (i wish!)

  2. "flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Noice letter in the latest Australian Cyclist :D
    >
    > cant help you with the lend of 'Boras' tho
    >
    > (i wish!)

    Did the leter get published? I haven't seen it yet :) I will have to get
    myself a copy.....

  3. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch Guest

    Gemma Kernich wrote:
    > "flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:YH-
    > [email protected]:[email protected]
    > etserver.com...
    > > Noice letter in the latest Australian Cyclist :D
    > >
    > > cant help you with the lend of 'Boras' tho
    > >
    > > (i wish!)
    > >

    > Did the leter get published? I haven't seen it yet :) I will have to get
    > myself a copy.....

    longest one in there

    damn mag has fuelled my lost desire to get hold of a tandem. just add it
    to the list...

    --

  4. hippy

    hippy Guest

  5. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch Guest

    hippy wrote:
    > Thought I'd hit ebay this morning to see if any new frames have
    > been added.
    > You wanted a tandem? Check this one out:
    > http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=581&item=3676-
    > 615474&rd=1
    > hippy ;-)

    saw that. quite possibly the dumbest bike imagineable IMHO made for
    thatrecent movie with the 2 joined twins, perhaps??? :D

    wanna tandem for de family or maybe to see just how quick I can do round-the-
    bay. Dont think Im gonna get much quicker than last year's 7:09hours and
    seeing some guys absolutely flying along on a tandem might give me
    enough enthusiasm to do it again this year

    --

  6. hippy

    hippy Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:
    > Tubulars :eek:
    > How prevalent are they nowadays?
    > Are they more of a track thing...

    I don't recall seeing them on a bike that wasn't:
    a) a track bike or
    b) a pro bike

    But I'm sure some people are using them on the road, if only because
    they only have tubular wheels on their bike/s. They are too
    expensive nowadays IMHO to be practical for things like commuting or
    club racing...

    hippy

    --

  7. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch Guest

    Gemma Kernich wrote:
    > Following on from my recent letter published in Australian Cyclist
    > regarding the issues surrounding bicycle detection at loop actuated
    > traffic signals - in the interests of science I have bought myself a
    > pair of Zipp 404 Tubulars, with which I will check the actuation ability
    > at some Adelaidian signals =)
    > Well, that's one of many excuses for buying them! *grin* Gemma

    Tubulars :eek:

    How prevalent are they nowadays?

    Are they more of a track thing...

    --

  8. Bluenose

    Bluenose Guest

    I'm sure Gemma will correct me if I'm wrong but I think she probably
    bought them for TT (maybe for the track, also?)

    Gemma is cycling mad and just lurvvv's buying anything cycling related.
    :) I only wish I had the $$$$$ to buy whatever I wanted. I can but
    dream. :)

    Good on ya Gemster.

    hippy wrote:

    > flyingdutch wrote:
    > > Tubulars :eek:
    > > How prevalent are they nowadays?
    > > Are they more of a track thing...

    > I don't recall seeing them on a bike that wasn't:
    > a) a track bike or
    > b) a pro bike
    >
    > But I'm sure some people are using them on the road, if only because
    > they only have tubular wheels on their bike/s. They are too
    > expensive nowadays IMHO to be practical for things like commuting or
    > club racing...
    >
    > hippy
    >
    > --

  9. "hippy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > flyingdutch wrote:
    > > Tubulars :eek:
    > > How prevalent are they nowadays?
    > > Are they more of a track thing...

    > I don't recall seeing them on a bike that wasn't:
    > a) a track bike or
    > b) a pro bike
    >
    > But I'm sure some people are using them on the road, if only because
    > they only have tubular wheels on their bike/s. They are too
    > expensive nowadays IMHO to be practical for things like commuting or
    > club racing...

    I have them both on my track bike and road bike, but racing wheels only on
    the road bike. They aren't dear to commute or train on (you can get cheap
    tubulars for under $40) but they definately are a pain in the arse when it
    comes to puncturing. I train on singles on the track, as punctures are very
    rare.
    I think you'd find they're still quite popular for club racing.... it's not
    always easy to spot a single!
    Really nice singles still feel way better than good clinchers IMHO.

    Gemma

  10. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch Guest

    Bluenose wrote:
    > Gemma is cycling mad and just lurvvv's buying anything cycling related.

    Gemma, will you marry me?

    Oh wait. Cancel that. already got one of those :rolleyes:

    --

  11. "hippy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > flyingdutch wrote:
    > > Tubulars :eek:
    > > How prevalent are they nowadays?
    > > Are they more of a track thing...

    > I don't recall seeing them on a bike that wasn't:
    > a) a track bike or
    > b) a pro bike
    >
    > But I'm sure some people are using them on the road, if only because
    > they only have tubular wheels on their bike/s. They are too
    > expensive nowadays IMHO to be practical for things like commuting or
    > club racing...
    >
    > hippy

    I regularly do long rides on my Spinergy tubulars just for the hell of it.
    Recently I did a 100 km ride with my Hed disk on the rear just for the joy
    of blasting along the road.
    Life is too short to leave your good stuff locked away in the shed.

    Marty "Couldn't give a stuff" Wallace