Hey Guys, anyone have experiences with Prodeco electric bikes.

Discussion in 'Bike buying advice' started by MotownBikeBoy, Feb 2, 2013.

1. MotownBikeBoy

MotownBikeBoy Active Member

I'm intrigued by this concept. Obviously not for fitness riding or training, but as a commuter bike I could use from time to time on my roughly 14 mile one way rude to work. I could bring into the office to recharge, just park it next to my desk. My reasoning, I would be a lot less hot and sweaty, and could probably get away with cleanup and changing in the men 's room, rather than having to first go to the local branch of my gym two miles away to shower before work. And, if course, I could leave my change of clothes, shoes, etc in the office ahead of time. Thinking about this guy: http://prodecotech.com/bikes/outlaw-ss/

Tags:

2. vspa

vspa Active Member

yes all those advantages come from electric bikes,

3. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

I just can't see wanting a motor on a bicycle. I have a bike because I like to pedal. I pedaled to work and to the lab in hot Tucson summers. It was never a problem. If showers weren't available, baby wipes worked great for cleaning up.

4. MotownBikeBoy

Alienator, don't get me wrong, I have no plans to abandon my 15-20 mile fitness/training rides on my Specialized. And, of course, this e-bike can be pedaled as with any bike, either completely manual or in a power assist mode. I just think it might be a good solution for me both in time and logistically, since I am enamoured by the thought of commuting part-time by bike. I just see the need for something less intense than a full workout during a commute. And the speed factor would also help. My average manual speed is still only around 15 mph, this e-bike has a top speed of 28 mph, and apparently can do about 4 hours at 20 mph without a recharge, if I'm reading the literature right. Finally, there is the weather factor, here we can have humid, sticky days where sweat doesn't dry well even with high-tech fabrics, so less exertion would help on that front.

5. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

We had those days in Tucson. Those days are in the monsoon season that runs from June through September, aka the hottest time of the year. The key to moderating the body's response to the commute and managing the time is to give yourself plenty of time. I loved the commute as it prepared me mentally for the day, and at the end of the day it allowed me to de-stress and gave me time to do fun things like consider problems, not of the social sort but of the scientific/lab/work sort. My commute at its longest was 17.5 miles each way.

6. MotownBikeBoy

Well, I did it, but I won't pick it up until sometime in late March. So, it should be an adventure. Bike #4. Kind of addictive, isn't it?

7. Rishabh Sachan

Rishabh Sachan New Member

yes I have a experience