Hey guys, I'd love your help!

KUNTAGEOUS

Mar 11, 2011
Hello all. I'll be participating in a two-day major cycling event called The Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer benefiting the Segal Cancer Centre at the Jewish General Hospital. I'll be cycling throughout Quebec's countryside with thousands of other Riders. All the proceeds will go to the Segal Cancer Centre at the Jewish General Hospital to support cancer research, treatment, and services. The Jewish General Hospital is a comprehensive institution devoted to cancer research and care, and the work they're doing is leading-edge. I've agreed to raise at least $2,500. So here's where you come in, because I need your help to do that. Could you please consider making a donation of $20, or any amount you feel comfortable with. Use the link at the bottom of this email to go visit my webpage, and please take the time to support me. Please keep in mind the commitment I'm making to end this heartbreaking disease and the personal efforts I'll have to make to accomplish this. I hope that you'll share this incredible adventure with me by supporting me in my fundraising efforts. http://www.conquercancer.ca/site/TR?px=2682030&pg=personal&fr_id=1373&s_src=BF_emailbadge2011 Thank you in advance for your generosity! Sincerely, Ginelle Watch my youtube video for a better understanding: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzi_r-L4avw

Thanks for you positive support.
I didn't think $20 for a good cause is asking for too much but, to you I guess it is.

Thanks anyway.

Originally Posted by KUNTAGEOUS .

Thanks for you positive support.
I didn't think $20 for a good cause is asking for too much but, to you I guess it is.

Thanks anyway.

There are thousands of good causes out there. I don't feel a bit guilty in saying that I can't give to them all, and I don't try to. I have a list of favorite charities that I give to, and yours isn't on it. OTOH, it looks like you joined the community just so you could ask for money. Your only two posts are in this thread.

You are obliged to donate, it's totally fine, no worries. I am content with people not wanting to donate, it's their choice. That's life.

I have joined other cycling forums and have posted there. I do not need to prove to you why I joined this site.
Seems like you're looking for a fight and I am not willing to partake in it.

Have a good night.

Wow....this is a short but rather contentious thread. I revived it because I am riding in this next summer. I don't think I will ask in here for donations though. Replies in here are a bit of a turn off. I always thought that it didn't hurt to ask...all someone could do is say no. Apparently, people can do more than that. I really don't think that "t sounds like you've signed up for a ride you can't afford" was necessary. $2500 is a lot of money for most of us, myself included. I am not a new member in here, but seriously, what is the harm in making one post for a good cause?

Sorry...rant over...It's early and I didi not get much sleep last night.

Work beckons.