Hey Hey it's Friday!

Because SA and European times are simliar, we got round about 4 hrs. of TDF a day! At night they then showed the days highlights for those folks that missed out.

When I think of South Africa I think of Car Jackings and Nielson Mandella. NOT 4 hours a day of TDF coverage, thats awesome.

How many do you think we get? :(

cheers,

That's the sad part about SA. It's such a beautiful country, but the first thing that pops into peoples minds is crime. Ah well, on with the show.

The TDF coverage this year was brilliant. People were even allowed to phone in and ask questions or make comments on the show.
I believe you guys did'nt get that much coverage? And to think that one of the top performers this year was from Aus.
I was actually hoping that Stuart would take the green jersey.

We got about 20 minutes a day on a channel called SBS, they do a great job covering cycling with their very limited resources. They r showing the worlds this weekend for an hour LOL not much but better than nothing hey!

cheers!

I drive a Mazda Pickup (called a bakkie in SA). Nice 215 dirt trackers on it 8)

1999MAZDAB2500.jpg

Hey, that's the weirdest looking b-day cake I've seen in my life! It looks good though. Thanks buddy!

Hey guys! I'm doing the Amashova National Classic on Sunday, so I'll be leaving for the coast Saturday morning early. After that, I'm staying there for the rest of the week to recover. I'll be chating to you when I come back and tell you how it went. By the look of things I'm in for a long, hard slog in the rain! My race number is E2837. Give me a nice draft if you come across me along the route ;D

Take it easy and keep those gears spinning!

Hey Vo2, goodluck, and tell us all about the race when you get back!

Cheers!

hey all what are u's doing on the weekend?

tomorrow im going on a 140k training ride, im going to try to get a 30kph average. and sunday im doing a 75-100k ride too

Having my bakkie's wheels balanced on Saturday. ::)
95km race on Sunday! ;)

Saturday: 50-60km with a road club.
Sunday: About 30km single track with a MTB club, (followed by a braai! ;D)
Monday, Wednesday, & Friday: 60+km on the road with a mate at 65-80% HRmax.
In between a couple of rides alone, either road or MTB of <1 hour at 80-100% HR max.

Came off the MTB a bit heavy this morning, (Sunday). Minor knee & elbow injuries. :'( Silly drop off I've done a few times before with no problems! :mad: Now feeling rather stiff (and depleted!) so will probably make Monday a rest day.

hehe, hope you recover soon Old Timer. I'm walking around with a heat pad wrapped around my knee. I picked up a minor injury on Sunday during the race. Not serious tho.

Yeah, I don't think this warrants a visit to the physio this time. She'll think I'm a hypochrondiac! ::) Have you noticed how these young little physios can produce enough pain with their thumbs and elbows to make a Sumo wrestler submit?! :p :'(