Hey Kathleen. . .

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by J'M Sm'Th, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. J'M Sm'Th

    J'M Sm'Th Guest

    . . .been out to Lost Valley lately?

    Is it a slop fest?

    --
    J'm

    To Reply Direct, Remove Clothes. ...-.-

    Tags:

  2. Kathleen

    Kathleen Guest

    J'm Sm'th wrote:
    > . . .been out to Lost Valley lately?
    >
    > Is it a slop fest?

    I was out there... lemme think... Wednesday morning, which would have been before the most recent
    monsoon. It was great then, but I haven't been out since the 4 freakin' inches of rain. My personal
    rule of thumb is to wait 24 hours for each inch of rain; maybe a little less if it was dry leading
    up to the rain, or if it's really warm and windy afterwards, more if it hadn't dried out from the
    rain before. So I'm thinking it'll probably be okay Sunday. Tomorrow I'll probably hit the Katy
    Trail with the 'bent.

    I was out at Castlewood of Tuesday, and I was dismayed by the damage to the Stinging Nettle Loop,
    both from the flooding, and from the idiots who refuse to stay out of there when it's wet. In
    addition to the usual boggy spots that have been ridden into wide basins of pudding, there are lots
    of trees down. It looks like the ground got really saturated and squishy when the river came up, and
    then there was either a tornado, or maybe just a series of microbursts that knocked a bunch of trees
    down - tore 'em right out by the roots.

    Kathleen

  3. J'M Sm'Th

    J'M Sm'Th Guest

    Kathleen wrote:

    > J'm Sm'th wrote:
    > > . . .been out to Lost Valley lately?
    > >
    > > Is it a slop fest?
    > >

    > I was out there... lemme think... Wednesday morning, which would have been before the most recent
    > monsoon. It was great then, but I haven't been out since the 4 freakin' inches of rain. My
    > personal rule of thumb is to wait 24 hours for each inch of rain; maybe a little less if it was
    > dry leading up to the rain, or if it's really warm and windy afterwards, more if it hadn't dried
    > out from the rain before. So I'm thinking it'll probably be okay Sunday. Tomorrow I'll probably
    > hit the Katy Trail with the 'bent.
    >
    > I was out at Castlewood of Tuesday, and I was dismayed by the damage to the Stinging Nettle Loop,
    > both from the flooding, and from the idiots who refuse to stay out of there when it's wet. In
    > addition to the usual boggy spots that have been ridden into wide basins of pudding, there are
    > lots of trees down. It looks like the ground got really saturated and squishy when the river came
    > up, and then there was either a tornado, or maybe just a series of microbursts that knocked a
    > bunch of trees down - tore 'em right out by the roots.
    >
    > Kathleen

    Thanks!